New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Speedyfix,

Whats the difference between 5w-30 and 10w-30? I know that 5w-30 can protect the engines at lower temps, pero since we are in a tropical country, may differnce ba?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Speedyfix,

Any customer feedbacks on using RP 15w40 on Hyundai Santa Fe or any Turbocharged CRDIs? I'm currently on Motul CRDi Specific which I think is 10w40. Is it ok to change to RP 15w40 on my 5K PMS? I'd really want to know what would be the difference.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    bos speedy,

my car manual says API Service SG - Energy Conserving II - SAE 5W-30, but since di naman tayo nakakaexperience ng -10 kahit sa baguio, pwede daw 10W-30. my engine is F22A1, 1992 Honda Accord. and uses 3.8L as per manual.

but in the article of the oil test, it says that SG is obsolete already. i'm currently using Shell Helix Red 15W-40, which they say is best for older cars.

although next year pa due ng change, anong RP ang applicable sa car ko?

TIA

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    OT. true value makati offer 50%off sa oils. been there last sat

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    userfriendly, not much. i have the technical data sheet naman with me and there are small differences sa startup viscosity and other parameters pero both are available basically since some cars specifically require one over another. since ayaw natin maghula hula then we put what is recommended in the specific car.

POLICECAR, we've actually used the 15w40 on quite a few crdi engines na with pretty good results according to the owners. i suggest you finish the breakin the of car muna though and follow RP's recommendations of only using full syn oil once past 10k kms.

tibo_3rd, yeah, the SG rating is outdated na and has been replaced already. i would suggest the 10w40 oil for the age of your car. the 30, while it may perform better since it is thinner, may also cause your engine to leak due to the age...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    speedy,

thanks for the advice. will keep your shop in mind when i have my oil change next year. saved your numbers on my cellphone.

Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    userfriendly, not much. i have the technical data sheet naman with me and there are small differences sa startup viscosity and other parameters pero both are available basically since some cars specifically require one over another. since ayaw natin maghula hula then we put what is recommended in the specific car.

POLICECAR, we've actually used the 15w40 on quite a few crdi engines na with pretty good results according to the owners. i suggest you finish the breakin the of car muna though and follow RP's recommendations of only using full syn oil once past 10k kms.

tibo_3rd, yeah, the SG rating is outdated na and has been replaced already. i would suggest the 10w40 oil for the age of your car. the 30, while it may perform better since it is thinner, may also cause your engine to leak due to the age...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    no problem

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    any dealer ng RP sa south area? tnx.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Speedyfix, anong bagay na RP oil para sa V6 Escape? gamit ko kasi ngayon Mobil 1 synthetic, at sabi raw tumatagal ito at pwede gamitin hanggang 10000km para sa next oil change, pero wala naman akong napapansin na kakaiba ng performance nito kesa sa mga ordinary oil e yung RP ba ganun rin? hanggang 10000km bago next oil change?
    Last edited by Zeus; December 11th, 2007 at 02:27 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    migs, thanks for the RP giveaways....:showoff:

pa change oil na kayo ng RP nakita ko yesterday maraming bagong stocks dumating...fresh from the oven so to speak...hehehe

Shocking truth about Oils!