New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    what available preformance shock absorber are available in the market for the new crv? would it make the ride more comfortable? i find the ride very bumpy close to that of it's class namely the revo and crosswind.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    welcome to tsikot marshall

hmm maraming aftermarket shocks available sa market
    from KYB gas shocks 1000 plus each to rancho, old man emu, trailmaster, bilsteins,
    if you have the money to burn i say to go the rancho rs9000/rs9000x
    with 5 and 9 settings f rom soft to hard

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    will it provide a better ride? less bumpy?
    thanks for the info

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho
    yes, less bumpy and great handling on cornering
    check out the Rancho RS5000 thread, dito sa Anything....Diesel

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Honda Civic ang platform ng CR-V. Maybe Honda Civic performance shocks will work for it.

You might need new tires to cure the bumpiness.Honda Civic ang platform ng CR-V. Maybe Honda Civic performance shocks will work for it.

You might need new tires to cure the bumpiness.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    tires? i doubt it but thanks anyways. will scout for some shocks maybe next week.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    marshall: try mo yung tires na dunlop RV501 malambot siya if u plan on changing the tires... the best I have tried so far =)

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ok thanks. =0)

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    mas advisable parin ba magpagawa ng shocks sa casa or pwede na sa labas? Gen 1 CRV yung car. May nababalitaan kasi ako pag honda daw di basta basta ang pagbabaklas ng suspension. I was quoted for 17th sa casa to replace front shocks.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lumang thread na pala to pero yung sa Gen2 CR-V so far wala pa shocks. If you want to improve the ride check out the CR-V thread in HCP meron nakuha mga Gen2 boys dun JDM Rear springs for Gen2. Cheaper than what the casa offers. So far their reviews indicate that ride has improved with the spring swap only.. no need to change the shocks.

promdiboy,
    same lang sa EK Civic yung suspension ng CR-V gen1. madali lang baklasin yun kabisado na ng shops who knows how to handle civics.

I just changed mine 2 or 3 weeks ago with Bilstein shocks. Sa fusion R ko pinagawa kaya nila bakalasin yan.

Mahal masyado OEM shocks ng Honda. Sobra overpriced. for a set of 4...30k aabutin sa casa. SA US sites dapat around Php19k lang aabutin lahat.

For 30k all in all ..ka price nya na brand new Bilsteins. Downside with getting bilsteins though magiging stiffer yung ride pero gaganda handling. Pwde bumili ng Bilstein na pair lang.

Another option would be KYB shocks. Meron na KYB replacement shocks for Gen1 V...dati mahirap maghanap nun.

Nakita ko sa HRC ..2000 isa...meron sa ibang shop 1.8t. Gas shocks na to just like the OEM shocks na gas rin.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
shock absorber for crv