New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    To AT sedan owners. Every how many kilometers ang palit ng orig brake pads ninyo?

I noticed that I replace my replacement bendix brake pads every 5tkms. Ang cost nito is around 1k including labor. Sa 20tkms i'll be spending 4k.

Ang cost ng orig brake pads is 3.8k. So kung tatagal ng more than 20tkms ito, mas sulit ito IMO. I just bought one for the reason that the bendix pads are out of stock.

I was just thinking if I can justify the huge damage this morning. My ride is an altis 1.6G by the way.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Every disc brake ay may sensor. Kung maririnig mo ang ang matining na warning sounds kapag nagpreno ka yon ay na reach mo na ang maximum factory allowable ng preno mo. You still could use it for few more kilometers w/o damaging your rotor but must be replace right away to avoid costly damage.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir i think mas sulit pa din yung bendix kesa sa OEM kung ang price ng OEM is 3.8k... yung bendix ko naman tumagal ng 4 years bago ko replace... yun nga lang hindi ako matic.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Archie, altis din ba ride mo? I've tried bendix several times already with my past vehicles and yes, maganda ang performance and matagal ang lifespan. Nagtataka lang talaga ako sa altis kung bakit 5tkms lang ay palitin na. Correction, siguro mga 8tkms.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I dont have an Altis but I know that 5 to 8 thousand kilometers is too soon to replace your brake pads.

My Avanza has 12,000 kms and I have not needed to replace my pads.
    My Venture has around 30,000 kms and 2.5 years of mostly highway driving on its front pads and its still ok. Its rear pads lasted around 30,000 kms.
    Both cars are A/T
    Last edited by userfriendly; May 3rd, 2008 at 09:54 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Share ko experience ko ha, kahit manual gearbox yung kotse ko.

When I sent the Jazz into the casa at 35,000 km they told me to have the pads replaced. They say it's normally inspected and replaced if necessary.

What the casa guys did not know was that I had the Jazz's electronic shop manual on my computer at home. When I checked the old pads with a ruler, they were nowhere near the service limit prescribed by the shop manual. Had I not replaced the pads, I would have saved PhP3,000 of unnecessary parts replacement.

Kahit automatic pa yung kotse palagay ko ganoon din. They may wear slightly faster, but the difference won't be that great. My two cents.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    djerms, bilis naman maubos nyan! that's a bit too fast. either bring it over so we can check it or look and see if the rubber boots around the caliper piston are torn na. if so baka naninikit na yung piston kaya mabilis maubos.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Migs,

Pantay ang kain nung pads eh. Parehong wheels pudpod ang pads. How much is the rubber boots? Baka nga yun ang culprit.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Isa pa napansin ko sa bendix pads. Sobra ang brake dust. Kahit short travel lang lakas ng brake dust. I came from baguio and with the orig pads, wala or very minimal lang yung dust.

userfriendly, are you using orig pads or replacement?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Had this checked at Speedyfix this morning (thanks Migs sa pag-asikaso). Everything is okay naman daw. I had it cleaned nalang. hopefully the orig pads last longer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
AT sedan orig brakes - how long before replacement?