New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    kailangan bang gawin ito? nakalagay kasi sa PM Guide, every 40K Km. saang shop ok magpaservice? preferably Q.C. area.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir, ano ang car mo? would you believe yung car ko (civic 96), ever since hindi pa napapalitan? i already got 144K kms on the clock.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Engr
    kailangan bang gawin ito? nakalagay kasi sa PM Guide, every 40K Km. saang shop ok magpaservice? preferably Q.C. area.
    yan ata ang standard

i just had my 40K PMS done and the casa drained all the old power steering fluid and replaced with new power steering fluid

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex
    sir, ano ang car mo? would you believe yung car ko (civic 96), ever since hindi pa napapalitan? i already got 144K kms on the clock.
    Bro pereho tayo 96 civic at hindi pa napapalitan ng fluid . pag check ko naman malinis pa. kailangan ba talaga na palitan kahit fluid? baka raket lang ng casa para kumita?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    klangan b tlaga palitan ung fluid? kc ung sentra ko, nung naubusan ng fluid eh bumili lng ako sa mga shop ng power steering fluid. tapos ako n mismo naglagay. Ok nmn. 90petot lng ata un...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by raine
    Bro pereho tayo 96 civic at hindi pa napapalitan ng fluid . pag check ko naman malinis pa. kailangan ba talaga na palitan kahit fluid? baka raket lang ng casa para kumita?

if it ain't broke or specified on the owners' manual, don't replace it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dali lang i-DIY yan. drain mo lang tapos fill up with new fluid. make sure you run the engine afterwards and turn the steering wheel back and forth, then check again the fluid level. you may have to do this several times to completely bleed the system.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    by draining just the reservoir you don't get the psf in the rack itself. disconnect the return line, start the car for a couple of seconds and the the ps pump should pump out the remaining psf. don't run it for too long or the pump will run dry.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    by draining just the reservoir you don't get the psf in the rack itself. disconnect the return line, start the car for a couple of seconds and the the ps pump should pump out the remaining psf. don't run it for too long or the pump will run dry.
    sir, how much labor snyo to flush PSF for crv 2003?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Like engine oil, PSF needs to be replaced as recommended in the manual because the additive package gets used up in time. Once used up, the PSF may lose some of its protective properties and can potentially lead to pump or steering rack problems later. Replacing the PSF is relatively cheap, compared to replacing any of the steering components.

To replace the PSF:

Before beginning, it's best to have both front wheels jacked up. Remove as much PSF as you can from the reservoir using a large syringe or a tool similar to a turkey baster. Detach the return hose from the reservoir and insert it into the mouth of a suitable container. Have rags on standby at the mouth of the container as the pressure from the power steering pump (once you start the engine on the next step) has a potential of spilling PSF on you or the engine bay. Have someone start the car and rotate the steering wheel stop to stop. Once all of the old fluid has been expelled into the container, return the steering wheel to center and turn off the engine. Reattach the return hose onto the reservoir and pour in the new PSF up to the MAX level. Start the car again and rotate the steering wheel lock to lock while new PSF is being poured down the reservoir, always keeping the level at MAX. Keep rotating the steering wheel to bleed the system and stop only until the PSF inside the reservoir becomes consistently level. Cover it up and you're done. Check the PSF level again after a day of driving to make sure it's at the proper level and there's no leak in the system.

My last piece of advice; always put in the proper PSF type for your car. There are a few aftermarket PSF for sale in hardware stores but it is my opinion that the OEM kind will be the best choice, for the sake of compatibility.

Replacing Power Steering Fluid