New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Mga Sir, meron ba kayong ma recommend na shop na within (or malapit) sa Las Pinas para ipa-reface ng Rotor Disc (pls included estimated cost per rotor).

Last month kasi nagpalit ako ng front brakes pads ng Rav4, bumuli ako ng OEM (cost me 5k), ang problem ko now ung brake dust, within 2 days ko mag carwash puno na naman ang gulong ko ng brake dust.

Ang worry ko baka maupod agad ung brake pads ko delikado na pag nag drive.

hoping pag na resurface ung rotor disc ay mabawasan ung brake dust.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^The brake dust is because of the pads and not the rotors IMO. If you feel any vibrations while braking at speed, don't see any deep "ukit" on the rotors, and if the rotor thickness is still good then your rotors should be fine. Hindi naman kumakapit yung brakes?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^^ sa customer's cradle bro. i think P 700+ / rotor

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Prens should also be a good shop for it... Mayroon sa may tabi ng Toyota Alabang (LPC pa rin iyon), at sa may President's Ave.(Paranaque na ito) sa BF....

One rough way to test too if it needs replacing is to run your fingernal from the outer radius to the inner radius of your rotor.... If it catches your fingernail, then the groove is already 'deep' and the rotor needs refacing....

19.3K:chop:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ^^ sa customer's cradle bro. i think P 700+ / rotor
    Hahaha! Just remembered bro....

Some months ago, the tech at HARI was telling me that my GS's front pads need replacing; and my rotor disc needs refacing...

Bought the pads from Goodgear, Pasay; and brought the ride to Customer's Cradle for pad replacement....

I was waiting for the tech guy there to tell me that indeed the rotor needs refacing (though I know it is still okay)....

Kumuha ng sandpaper at niliha lang niya (which is what I was expecting again)...

Unang preno ko pa lang,- refaced na!.... :hysterical:

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^The brake dust is because of the pads and not the rotors IMO. If you feel any vibrations while braking at speed, don't see any deep "ukit" on the rotors, and if the rotor thickness is still good then your rotors should be fine. Hindi naman kumakapit yung brakes?
    Sir Vinj, pag pinapa-slide ko ung daliri ko sa rotor disc makinis naman, hindi din kumakapit ung brakes. worried lang kasi ako baka naman mabilis maupod ang brake pads, or talaga bang malakas mag brake dust ang OEM?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Hahaha! Just remembered bro....

Some months ago, the tech at HARI was telling me that my GS's front pads need replacing; and my rotor disc needs refacing...

Bought the pads from Goodgear, Pasay; and brought the ride to Customer's Cradle for pad replacement....

I was waiting for the tech guy there to tell me that indeed the rotor needs refacing (though I know it is still okay)....

Kumuha ng sandpaper at niliha lang niya (which is what I was expecting again)...

Unang preno ko pa lang,- refaced na!.... :hysterical:

acheche! tindi pala ng pagliha nila dun :hysterical:

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    they are now using different type of materials for the brake pads. that is the primary reason for the fast rate of brake dust accumulation.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i got replacement pads. 50% cheaper. no difference in performance to me.
    and don't mind the dust. i would be surprised if there weren't.
    kapag na-upod nang mabilis, wag mo nang kunin ulit yung tatak na yun.
    heh heh.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you have to make sure that the rotor is the problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast