New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    help po mga tsikoteers.my rear shocks for my 98 corolla needs replacing soon.tanong ko po which type ang dapat kasi may nagsabi sakin mas maganda daw gas type ipalit na KYB compared sa fluid type.which is better po sa dalawa and how much do they cost? thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    have them refilled at Zee. Do a search.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    KYB gas rear shocks cost 2,200 at Prens Sucat.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    go with kyb imo...

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Depends on the quality of the ride that you want and how you drive.

I suggest go for KYB. Fluid types smoother ride. Gas type recommended for heavy vehicles and hard drivers.
    Low budget, have it injected while waiting for addtl cash. 500 pesos if there is no damage to the shafting and there is no leak, surplus 1000 pesos each.

If you are very busy and have no time for repairs which takes long and you don't have patience for back jobs and/or constant refilling go for KYB.

M7 Banawe
    KYB for corolla 98 fluid type is 2100 a piece and KYB gas 2300 a piece labor rear both sides 500

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    ngayon lang po ako nakapag log-in ulit.thanks sa mga advise mga tsikoteers.i had it gas filled sa cruven kasi medyo na short ako sa budget eh.ok naman yung ride for me so far for a week now.next time na ko siguro bili ng kyb.thanks po ulit!

rear shocks for 98 corolla