New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I agree with you Migs. But there are run of the mill machine shops that would tell propective customers "puwede pa yan" wihtout even looking if the disc is at its minimum thickness.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How thick is the minimum thickness of brake rotors?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    yeah... those guys suck... meron pa ibang machine shops that di pa pantay pagkaresurface. you'd thing it would be easy enough to run a lathe pero apparently it's not. hehe!

minimum thickness depends on the car.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There are refacing machines made specifically for rotor refacing. 2 side refacing sya simultaneously para pantay talaga. I had my Patrol's rotors refaced using this machine at Servitek. Ayos naman kinalabasan.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    sir yun knocking sound galing sa likod yan try mo apply yun handbrake mawala yun 2nog nyan pag apak mo sa brake. try niyo pa adjust yun brake shoe niyo dahil baka malayo na ang adjustment. kung kia yun auto niyo try niyo muna canvass ng bago before niyo pa-reface....

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    if you have your rotors refaced, do you really need to replace your brake pads or you can easily readjust it to the new thickness of the disc rotors?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Vroom-Vroom View Post
    if you have your rotors refaced, do you really need to replace your brake pads or you can easily readjust it to the new thickness of the disc rotors?
    usually pag nag reface ka ng rotor palit ka na ng bagong brake pads ... kasi kaya nga nasira yung rotor disc mo kasi ndi pantay ang kain ng brake pads mo ... or pudpod na yung rotor disc mo puro gatla .....or gasgas ....

so i do recommend it and don't adjust it

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ^^^^OK, if that is the case then I really need to replace them. So how do you know what is the type of brake pad that is installed on your car? Is there any mark or any brand will do?

BTW if I just opt to replace my rotor discs how much will it cost me then, any idea where can I get one and are they all the same and just simply differ in sizes?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i usually recommed ferodo or bendix ... i think they are cheap and best in the market ...

i don't know what car you drive ... but usually car brake pads ranges to 450 - 800 pag datings sa ganitong brand ...

yung rotor disc naman also depends on what car ... but if yung parang corolla lang yan mga 750 lang corolla big body ... but estimate around 750 - 1200 pag car rotor disc ...

text me for questions
    Banawe Auto Supply
    regy

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Re: Disc brake refacing