New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Hi, im contemplating on lifting our Starex 4x2 GRX crdi . i have seen pics of the 4x4 Starex with higher ground clearance on the net. Example like this:

not really going to be used for offroad/trail stuff, just rough road and farm fruits hauling use. is there a solution for this? Anybody here done this or know a shop who can do this? I'm thinking maybe a 2" lift with Wider All-terrain tires.

Pls. Help. tia

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Cons: Higher center of gravity and could tip over more easily especially on uneven roads; could be unstable when doing sharp corners; sudden jerks of the steering wheel at thigh speeds might cause you to lose control of the vehicle; maybe more wind resistance that could affect fuel economy; harder for physically challenged passengers to get in and out; have to change the suspension system which is added cost.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Madami ganyan sa subic auctions

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try to get a mechanic to eyeball a 4x4 Starex as well. Maybe you can find the proper suspension components needed to lift it properly.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Starex in the pic is probably a Club model that's lifted out of the factory and equipped with a 4x4 system. I do not know what is required to lift a 4x2, and if the parts are readily available.

If you really want a lifted van, why don't you get a Club or Delica that's a 4x4 for this purpose? Or perhaps a pick up?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    its not worth it to lift a standard starex.. i think it would be easier for you to buy an older 4x4 starex and swap your CRDi engine into it.. theres way too many parts to fabricate to lift a 4x2 starex too look like a 4x4.. you could adjust the suspension settings to the highest it can go.. the front has torsion bars . so that should not be so hard to adjust.. the rear you have to add coil lifter.. or replace it with longer coils.. you will have to adjust the alignment and camber of the front suspension.. and it would not be as flexible as it used too..

bottom line is it would cost quite a bit also.. in mindanao.. 4x4 starex is selling between 280,000.. to 350,000.. so you better weight your options.. my personal opinion.. let your starex stock..

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    thanks for the inputs guys. yeah, I agree medyo madugo ang lifting ng 4x2 starex, the torsion bar needs to be adjusted sa front, and the coil springs sa back needs to be replaced. parang daming tatamaan like yun stock mcpherson strut as well yun shocks sa likod in the long run. I have decided not to pursue it anymore. maybe bili na lang ng AT tires sa future.