New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my GU patrol is already 5 years and 145K kms on the odo. around 2 weeks ago, i changed all my brake pads with RICO brand since it is the only available brand for my patrol here in my place. ordering bendix will take a couple of days and i can't wait that long since the pads are almost stripped to the metal.

after a few days of using the new brake pads, and while cruising at more than 120kph (first time to drive this fast using the new pads), i pressed on the brakes hard but not abruptly. i felt i'm not stopping as fast as before. i thought the RICO brake pads were not as good as the bendix hence the slower stopping force.

feeling unsafe with the RICO pads, i ordered a set of bendix metal kings. i also bought a set of repair kit for the front brake calipers since 2 of the boots were found to have cracks/holes.

this morning, i had the pads replaced again with bendix brand pads and changed the repair kit. and then i went to test the bendix brake pads by driving fast (around 80kph only, the road distance does not permit me to go any faster) and slammed on the brakes hard, hoping to get a screeching stop. i stopped, but without the tires rubbing against the road which i always get whenever i make a sudden brake even at less than 80kph. now, i have concluded that it is not the brake pads that have a problem, but somewhere else in the brake system.

the question now is where would the problem be? could it be the brake master? i hope not
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Are you losing brake fluid? The brake master cylinder only lessens the effort of braking. If your legs are strong enough, you can still get full stopping power without the brake master. Nangyari sakin nung college, nag-fail yung master cylinder nung W123 na Mercedes. Sobrang tigas ng pedal dahil walang assistance. Pagod na pagod paa ko pagkauwi. hehehe.

If you are not losing fluid, have the system re-bled or better yet, replace all the fluid in the system while you're at it. Try giving it a few days, baka naninibago ka pa. Iba-iba din ang properties ng pads. Some pads work better when running at optimum temperature (mainit-init).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    careful with Bendix Metal Kings, these pads provide excellent braking force but are known to eat rotors. thats why i only stock Bendix Standards.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    sir ano bayun stock brake pads nyan?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi naman matigas yung brake pedals, feeling ko nga mas lumambot pa.

i've been using metal kings for the last 60-70K kms and ang reklamo ko lang is the brake dust. 2 days after carwash, kulay kalawang na yung mags ko. and wala din akong makitang standard bendix for patrol.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alin ba mas OK yung malambot ang brake or medyo matigas?? hindi kaya booster ang problema?? wala ba leak sa master?? Di ba pag medyo malambot ang brake may air lock? yung parang sponge..

3weeks ago nag palit din ako ng 4 brake pad and disk..ng kinalas ko inalis ko din cover ng master ng ma kabit ko na lahat ng brake nag bawas sya ng fluid.. ng ma road test parang malambot sobra at parang hindi titigil... bleed ko lang ng maraming beses hanggang mag kalahati sa master tapos top up ulit..ngayon parang OK na parang kapit na kapit ang preno

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i had the brakes re-bled. parang walang nagbago sa brake pedal but it might be psychological.

then i tested the brakes by putting the vehicle in motion and then slamming on the brake, the front wheels stopped and rubbed against the floor while the rear wheels did not came to a complete stop. can this be normal?
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Did you allow the pad to seat themselves properly before doing your slam the brakes test? After new pads are installed you are supposed to break them in first and not make any sudden stops. This allows the pads to adjust to the contours of the disc. Or the pads that you bought operate better at higher temps as mentioned and had not achieved maximum temp.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    sir, have your fluid all drained and replace w/ oberon's dot 4 brake fluid w/c has higher wet and dry boiling point than any current dot 4 in the market.

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    sir, have your fluid all drained and replace w/ oberon's dot 4 brake fluid w/c has higher wet and dry boiling point than any current dot 4 in the market.amit

yun gamit ko. cguradong maiiwan ang mata mo pag preno mo.hehe b

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
problem with my brakes