New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    sir, have your fluid all drained and replace w/ oberon's dot 4 brake fluid w/c has higher wet and dry boiling point than any current dot 4 in the market.amit

yun gamit ko. cguradong maiiwan ang mata mo pag preno mo.hehe based on experience yan.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On 4x4's, its usually the front wheels that lock up first. Unlike in pick-ups and vans which have almost no weight on their rear tires.

Also, the rear load sensing proportioning valve is doing its work.

The most braking power occurs just before lock-up. When you lock-up, there is almost no braking force due to lost traction.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    ilan na bang miles ang natakbo mo sa bago mong pads. sadyang mahina pa ang brake hanggat di pa nag-bebed ito ng ayos sa disc.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    also, it seems that the braking power is harder when i'm reversing than when i'm moving forward. the wheels always lock up when i slammed on the brakes hard on reverse. it locked up only once in forward motion.
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'll be going to pampanga in a while, how many kilometers would it take for the new pads to seat properly?
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir boybi, a new pads have to be broken in for 300 kms. meaning no hard brakings. also, nagpalit ka na ba nang brake fluid? if so, nag-bleed ka ba nang system?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just came back from pampanga, and mukhang back to normal na yung brakes ko. which means talagang mahina ang kapit ng RICO na brand.
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    OBERON F502
    dry boiling point 270 deg cel
    wet boiling point 173 deg cel

Motul RBF 600
    dry boiling point 312°c
    wet boiking point 216°c

motul has much higher boiling points than oberon.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganyan din experience ko pag new ang pads. but i always go for oem pads. may load proportioning valve ang patrol and, like what otep said, when you're not loaded to a specific weight the rear brakes is valved so that it does not have the same braking power as the front wheels. This would prevent skidding of the rear wheels when braking hard. of course when loaded the LPV adjust braking power of the rear to that of the front wheels.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alfred, saan ka bumibili ng oem brake pads? how much?
    Signature

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
problem with my brakes