New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    need your opinion tsikoteers.

i have a bit of an annoying problem with my car.

when you step on the brake, like we normally do, you feel the car decelerate. and then suddenly biglang kakagat ng malakas yung brake. sudden stop ka ngayon.

it does not happen all the time, i think am getting used to it but when it does happen which is 30% to 40% of the time, its annoying.

ano kaya problem?

car is 2002 civic.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    paadjust mo sir yung break baka nasobrahan sa lakas or try mo step ng dahan dahan

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    try to bleed your brake system baka may hangin. your brake system is a critical component so have it checked by a good mechanic ASAP.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Have a mechanic check the brake system especially the piston. The brake piston might have lost lubrication and cannot move back when the brake pedal is released.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    My guess would be to check your caliper kit in front (Disc brake), check the piston inside the caliper because this is the most common element that gets stuck. At the rear (drum brakes) check the cylindrical thing (forgot now what this is called), this is where the adjustment of the brake shoe is done, open this and check the condition of the hydraulic kit inside, maybe it's rusted that might cause the problem in your brakes. Good luck.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i would first check if the brake pads and brake shoes are not worn out. at the same time, while you are checking them for wear, you can clean the brake dust accumulation with a dry brush. the brake shoes may need adjustment for proper handbrake lever pull of about 5 knots.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Try mo ipalinis sir yung brake calipers in front baka nga malapit na mag stock up or baka madumi na kaya di na bumabalik pag bitaw mo sa brake.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by susmaryousef View Post
    Try mo ipalinis sir yung brake calipers in front baka nga malapit na mag stock up or baka madumi na kaya di na bumabalik pag bitaw mo sa brake.
    Stuck po pala hindi stock

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus700 View Post
    need your opinion tsikoteers.

i have a bit of an annoying problem with my car.

when you step on the brake, like we normally do, you feel the car decelerate. and then suddenly biglang kakagat ng malakas yung brake. sudden stop ka ngayon.

it does not happen all the time, i think am getting used to it but when it does happen which is 30% to 40% of the time, its annoying.

ano kaya problem?

car is 2002 civic.

asus700,
    tipid is right. have your brakes serviced and cleaned. this symptom is called brake lockup. the most common causes for this if it was working properly before is brake dust accumulated within the brake drums. you are supposed to have your car safety inspected everytime you re-register. fior your own safety, i would do this myself. have the brakes serviced as per owner's manual. the manual is not a book of toilet paper, it is there for a reason "owner's manual" for the owner. when you do clean and inspect it, be careful of the brake dust. someone out there probably still use asbestos. it was the best friction material but causes cancer. they have been replaced by organic, semi-metallic, metallic,or ceramic brake friction materials. be careful of this dust if you enjoy life. the best way you can do is to wrap the brake drum with a plastic thrash bag after you removed your spindle nut and the drum is ready to pullout. then cut two holes in the bag, one for drain, the other for a graden sprayer filled with soap/wate solution and spray the bag, the drums, the brake shoes. the objective behind this is not to expose your loved ones to the dangerous brake dust lest you give them lung cancer without themn knowing. then when everything is wet with soapy water, yoiu cansafely remove the drum
    without the flying microfibers of hazardous brake dust. dispose of the rinse water in the toilet, not on the ground, it will dry up and your loved ones will savor that dust.
    jick
    certified auto
    guam

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    jick,
    thank you for the safety and health hazard enlightenment regarding asbestos ill effects on our lungs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
preno biglang kumakagat