New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I took my Nissan Maxima '89 to a local mechanic yesterday for tune-up and oil change. Nung paalis na ko, napansin ko parang maganit yung manibela, hanggang makauwi na ko bahay. Then, I checked the reservoir, may laman na, so nag-top up rin ako. Then try ko ulit galawin yung manibela, same pa rin, maganit pa rin. Then while revving, napansin ko na gumagaan manibela, mas mataas na rev, mas magaan ang manibela.

I was watching the tune-up and oil change process the whole time, and wala naman ako nakita na may nagalaw or ginalaw bukod sa spark plugs and oil filter during installation.

Kung may ginawa man sya na iba, is just rev the engine high during intake manifold check

Any ideas what happened or what's causing it?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolSwitch View Post
    I took my Nissan Maxima '89 to a local mechanic yesterday for tune-up and oil change. Nung paalis na ko, napansin ko parang maganit yung manibela, hanggang makauwi na ko bahay. Then, I checked the reservoir, may laman na, so nag-top up rin ako. Then try ko ulit galawin yung manibela, same pa rin, maganit pa rin. Then while revving, napansin ko na gumagaan manibela, mas mataas na rev, mas magaan ang manibela.

I was watching the tune-up and oil change process the whole time, and wala naman ako nakita na may nagalaw or ginalaw bukod sa spark plugs and oil filter during installation.

Kung may ginawa man sya na iba, is just rev the engine high during intake manifold check

Any ideas what happened or what's causing it?

you mentioned you just an oil change, there is a possibility oil spilled on the p/s belt or pulley. gates (biggest manufacturer of belts and hoses) recommend the belts and hoses be replaced every four years regardless how they look like to avoid costly and frustrating car breakdowns

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    had the belt replaced, wala pa rin...

halos hindi mo mailiko unless i-rev ng mataas at the same time para lumambot ang manibela

magkano kaya PS repair kit for 89 maxima?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolSwitch View Post
    had the belt replaced, wala pa rin...

halos hindi mo mailiko unless i-rev ng mataas at the same time para lumambot ang manibela

magkano kaya PS repair kit for 89 maxima?

is your car equipped with progressive power steering (PPS)? if it is, check the wiring to the electric flow control valve. it might have been dislodged or unplugged. this is on the pressure line between the pps pump and the rack and pinion. if the flow control valve right to the outlet of the pump, check for the free movement of the plunger and if free of metallic debris.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    im not sure what PPS is and if an 89 maxima has one... pero I'll have it checked later

thanks

maxima ba.. kung mapapalitan mo ng rack for bluebird yan mas maganda.. napakahirap repairin ng rack ng maxima.. kahit nga kasa nagkakaback job...

i think pump yang prob mo.. may tulo ba rack mo?

kung repair kit: go to banawe, either kay yen mktg or young bros.. but i prefer yen.... and i pasok mo sa talyer na magoofer ng back job.. sigurado, maswerte ka kung di yan mag-baback-job.

jick:

wala pang ganyang technology ang maxima.
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; November 15th, 2010 at 08:11 AM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    i think pump yang prob mo.. may tulo ba rack mo?

kung repair kit: go to banawe, either kay yen mktg or young bros.. but i prefer yen.... and i pasok mo sa talyer na magoofer ng back job.. sigurado, maswerte ka kung di yan mag-baback-job.
    yes may leak sya nung una sa area away from the steering wheel, pero this past few weeks, nasa area na na malapit sa steering wheel... kaya iniisip ko baka barado

magkano kaya ang expected damage kung palit repair kit? TIA

Power Steering seems to work only on high Rev