New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I use ATF coz that's what I saw in the manual. hehe.
    Ma'am suggest ko lang po gamit kayo ng PS fluid next time..
    Matapang po kasi ang atf, could easily wear out rubber.. Kaya siguro lagi may leaks..

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Is the work maselan or madali? hehe. Kasi it will take one whole day. Servitec is really near my house but labor is quite expensive. If it's really maselan then I'm willing to pay more for labor but actually I'm not sure if servitec is good din it's just more convenient. I'm scared that if the work isn't done well it might damage other parts.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi View Post
    cathy,

if you don't mind travelling to san juan for repairs, I recommend my friend mechanic si Ray Sarol, his celno is 09209252290, mapagkakatiwalaan yan and very competent.

He's very well known sa mga local automotive boards din, most especially sa mga local mitsubishi boards.

if you're interested just contact him and tell him you are referred by Art.
    Thanks for the recommendation. I think I'll get in touch with him for my lancer. But that's another story altogether

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    You can also bring it to different gas stations with mechanic on duty…ask for an estimate then you can compare. they have complete set of tools including lift good luck

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Will the mechanic have a harder time if there's no lift? My mechanic in LP only works on the parking lot of my suking auto supply.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    maybe try ka magchange mechanic, at pagkabaklas kailangan inspect mabuti ang parts kasi baka meron tama ang PS kaya nasisira kaagad ang seal at nag leak. Original ba or replacement lang ang gamit mo? kung orig dapat years ang bibilangin more than 5 years pa.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    The repair kit? Original

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    + 1 to Raymond Sarrol

Bring it to Raymond Sarrol very straight forward and honest in giving solutions to problem and does not charge too much, in fact very minimal in my opinion.

I have known a lot of mechanic but I would say Raymond is one of the best

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    mam, just want to know if you went to the mechanic complaining of this leak or sya lang nagsabi? any problem with your steering in the first place? how bad is the leak? nauubos ba yung fluid

i've had a power steering "leak" for a few years now which i ignored. namamawis lang kasi. sabi ng mechanic friend ko wag na daw buksan

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Siya lang ang nagsabi ng leak. Yung steering ko matagal ng matigas compared to before I started having problems with the steering.

Before nung sira yung hose I'd refill one bottle of ATF every 2 days tapos sumisirit lalo pag nagtuturn. Ngayon wala ng tulo sa garage pero sabi ng mekaniko sa las pinas when he replaced the cam and crank oil seal na may tulo din daw ang power steering. AYokong pabayaan kasi kaya daw nasira yung hose dati kasi nababad daw sa leak ng ATF e the hose cost me around 8k

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Power Steering Repair Kit: Where to have it done