New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My mechanic in Las Pinas told me that my car has a power steering leak so I bought an original power steering repair kit. I've had the repair kit done several times already by different mechanics and the last one I think was at servitec. My friend told me that it happens over time so it's understandable.

The problem is I am not confident with my mechanic at Las Pinas since this will be the first time that he will be working on the repair kit of my car. The reason why I am not confident with him is because he already made a mistake working on my car. My gas pedal got stuck at times. Good thing Autotech saw it right away and made proper adjustments. To his credit, this mechanic from LP installed my primary and secondary clutch and so far no problems (hopefully)

I was told that this type of repair requires precision or is "maselan" and would take the whole day. My dilemma is whether to have it done by my mechanic in LP or at servitec. The problem is money is tight right now so I cannot make costly mistakes. Labor with my LP mechanic is P1,800. Labor at servitec is P3,200.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Would also appreciate if anyone could recommend a mechanic around Makati or Paranaque that is used to working on power steering repair kits.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    You said you've been having it done multiple times? I say you never fixed the problem.

Can you enlighten us what the problem was with the P/S leak? Just a hose? P/S pump leak? Gearbox leak?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Yup. My friend told me that it's normal to have the P/S repair kit replaced every 2 years or so after the first time it's been replaced. hehe. Last year I had the hose replaced the leak stopped but now the mechanic said that there's a leak again. What I bought is a P/S seal kit. Don't know what type of leak. I am actually confused with the types of leaks. hehe.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ma'am are you using PS fluid or atf?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I use ATF coz that's what I saw in the manual. hehe.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Yup. My friend told me that it's normal to have the P/S repair kit replaced every 2 years or so after the first time it's been replaced. hehe. Last year I had the hose replaced the leak stopped but now the mechanic said that there's a leak again. What I bought is a P/S seal kit. Don't know what type of leak. I am actually confused with the types of leaks. hehe.
    well I don't know about your friend or your mechanic but replacing the P/S repair kit every 2 years doesn't sound normal to me.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    It seems like it's really hard to find a mechanic that's really good at working on the PS repair kit

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^^I don't think that is true, malas ka lang siguro at natatapat ka sa mga hinde magagaling and hinde honest na mechanic, and siguro nakikita nilang girl ka and walang alam sa car at kahit hinde maayos ang gawa eh hinde mo mapapansin....

actually any good car shop and ang good mechanic can easily replace the repair kit, Toyota pa naman kotse mo, kahit sinong mechanic kaya sigurong gawin...

ako kasi gusto ko magpagawa sa shop na malapit sa bahay para pwede mo iwanan at kung meron mang problema eh mabilis ibalik..

but wala akong ma suggest na shop saiyo sa mga area na gusto mo (LP & Mkti)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cathy,

if you don't mind travelling to san juan for repairs, I recommend my friend mechanic si Ray Sarol, his celno is 09209252290, mapagkakatiwalaan yan and very competent.

He's very well known sa mga local automotive boards din, most especially sa mga local mitsubishi boards.

if you're interested just contact him and tell him you are referred by Art.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Power Steering Repair Kit: Where to have it done