New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Hi fellow tsikoteers,

I'm planning to get Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S for my Toyota Revo, and I hope you can help me with my last few questions/hesitations before I make a purchase.

I plan to change to a light-truck/SUV tire since I find them more suitable for AUV use carrying 7-8 people, more suitable for Phil roads, and supposedly more durable than passenger car tires. I also don't mind road noise, for me ride quality is not much of an issue, accepted the fact that suspension is a greater factor in ride quality, and AUVs are not gifted in that area.

I heard online feedback regarding Geolandar H/T-S and they say it has good enough traction, low road noise and smoother ride compared to other SUV tires. Does it have good mileage and long tread life?

I'm also considering Bridgestone Dueler H/T and Michelin Latitude Tour, how do these two compare to Geolandar?

Need your insights, please help me. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Personally, ive had good experience on the longevity and durability of Yokohoma tires on our SUVs. Were using th Geolandar AT-S on one of our cars and its fairing much better than the Bridgestone Dueler HTs it previously had.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    My brother's exped is using the HT/S good grip on wet and dry, and quiet na din for its thread design, IMO much better sa stock tires ng Everest ko which is Dueler H/T. And for the price okay talaga. Bridgestone and Michelin too expensive for me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Plus factor for me in choosing Yokohoma when possible is that it's locally manufactured (at Clark).

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Plus factor for me in choosing Yokohoma when possible is that it's locally manufactured (at Clark).
    Agree. It is a good tyre, reasonably priced and you help the local employment.....

16.5K:sunny::sampay:

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Personally, ive had good experience on the longevity and durability of Yokohoma tires on our SUVs. Were using th Geolandar AT-S on one of our cars and its fairing much better than the Bridgestone Dueler HTs it previously had.
    Magkaiba kasi treadwear niyan bro.

HT's mga 340 up lang, AT's nasa 400+. Mas matibay talaga AT's kaya mas mahal din.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Magkaiba kasi treadwear niyan bro.

HT's mga 340 up lang, AT's nasa 400+. Mas matibay talaga AT's kaya mas mahal din.
    Mas mahal nga... pero sulit ka even with the price difference. Road damage resistance of the A/Ts are also another plus.

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    Thank you guys for your inputs, they are really of great help to me.

First follow up question: When are truck tires such as Geolandar H/T-S and A/T better than passenger car tires like A-drives?

I own a Toyota Revo, never used for hauling goods, only people, but ranges from 2-9 people. I'm planning to get 215/60R16, only Geolandars have that size. Duelers and Latitudes only have sizes for 205/70R15 and 215/65R16. I prefer 16" than 15, and if Geolandar H/T-S or A/T are that good, then I will no longer have any hesitations.

Second follow up question: Are there any down sides in using 215/60R16 for Geolandar H/T-S or A/T?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverspitz View Post
    First follow up question: When are truck tires such as Geolandar H/T-S and A/T better than passenger car tires like A-drives?
    mas matibay ang construction ng sidewalls (mas makapal) ng mga truck tires compared to passenger car tires. downside, mabigat sya which requires usually 50 lbs of air pressure and because of the number of plies used. Hindi ba P ang rating ng revo?

10. Join Date
    May 2012
    Not the vehicle itself, but the stock tires are P type, same as Innova. I'm just thinking, since its curb weight is more similar to those of the likes of crossover and other light SUVs (1500kg++) compare to sedans (~1200kg), and since we're sometimes 8-9 passengers in the car, perhaps Geolandars would be more appropriate, since it is what other crossovers and SUVs use.

Why would crossovers use Geolandars if they are not for hauling and will only seat passengers of 5, but AUVs that seats a whole barangay only use P type tires?

Given Revo's high curb weight and often times with max passengers, will I be able to better maximize the advantage of Geolandars compared to A-drives? Or is there a wise rule to use P type as much as possible (i.e. when not using vehicle to haul heavy stuff)?

Please educate me, thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Need help and feedback, planning to buy Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S