New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Hi,

Need your expert advise on my Corolla SE 95. Just recently I noticed oil leaks coming out from right side of the power steering assembly, specifically from both the side of bellows. The leak is minor but I need to refill the steering fluid after a week or two of driving.

Can somebody advise how to fix this? The car shop I had asked said that we need to replace the whole assembly: the rack and pinion and power steering pump plus repair kit. Is this the only way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho, repair kit lang yan...
    you would only need to replace the assembly kung sira na yung pump.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    you have to replace the repair kit of both rack and pinion and sa power steering pump ... that will cost you about 2800 orig sa rack and pinion kit, another 1100 orig sa power steering pump and labor of about 1900.

If you like a remedyo is to buy the oil seal lang not the whole kit. It will cost you about 950 orig na. Tapos yung powersteering pump 1100 talaga and labor is abot 1800- 1900

BANAWE AUTO SUPPLY
    regy

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    kung wala ka pa budget, try mo muna yung leak stopper like cyclo lalo na kung ndi pa malakas. then ipon-ipon ka na for the repair kit. always buy the OEM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jethers View Post
    Hi,

Need your expert advise on my Corolla SE 95. Just recently I noticed oil leaks coming out from right side of the power steering assembly, specifically from both the side of bellows. The leak is minor but I need to refill the steering fluid after a week or two of driving.

Can somebody advise how to fix this? The car shop I had asked said that we need to replace the whole assembly: the rack and pinion and power steering pump plus repair kit. Is this the only way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
    repair kit will be more than enough to fix your problem. please post what shop gave you the diagnostic para maiwasan ng mga tsikoteers. either their dumb or simply gusto kang pagsamantalahan.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    i think my steering too has symptoms of leaks coming from inside the dust boot. saan po kaya makabili ng cyclo leak stopper? how much po kaya iyon? parang madalang if not wala siya sa mga oto supply dito sa laguna.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    handyman at waltermart sta. rosa used to have it. otherwise you can check blade at sm. sta rosa. or ace hardware.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    bro wag kang papayag na palitan ang buong assembly!! car kit lng ktapat nyan...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies. Im a newbie with regards to car engines so I appreciate your inputs. I will have it check with
    other shop for their opinions.

More power to Tsikoteers!

Regards...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    hi po mga bossing. i have accord 96 exi. newbie rin po ako when it comes to cars.

however. i have 4 questions, i hope you guys can help me.

may nakikita po akong leak sa garage kulay pula po. Looks like ATF ( kasi napakita na po sakin dati ng mekaniko ang ATF fluid). * 2 different spots po. pina check po namin sa YOKOHAMA along sa commonwealth diliman quezon city malapit po sa MALVAR gen hospital. sabi po ng mekaniko sa RACK AND PINION daw po tagas. OVERHAUL daw po ang gagawin.

binigyan po ako ng estimate of 9,500 pesos.

question is ;

1. tama po ba ang estimation nila ng price of 9,500 pesos?

2. may masmababa pa po bang price na pwede ipagawa ang tagas? kung meron saan po pwede puntahan at sino po pwede hanapin?

3. kelangan po ba talagang ipa OVERHAUL ang RACK and PINION o may simpleng paraan po ba para mawala ang tagas?

4. (not relevant to the topic) nagpalit po ako ng upper ball joint, magkaiba po ba ang lower ball joint sa upper ball joint?

ok naman po ang pag liko wala naman po bigat (steering)
    Last edited by roi0431; April 17th, 2009 at 05:10 AM. Reason: additional message

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast