New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Good day!

I'm a newbie here and I nood your expert advice.
    My car is a 93 Corolla GLi. I have noticed in the last year or so of fluid leaking at the area/below the area of the power steering reserviour. it doesn't empty the reserviour but you do have to add fluid around once a month. i had my power steering hose replaced (crimped?) around 3-4 years ago. there seems to be very small leaks in the crimped portion. and now, there seems to be a an occasional sqeaking sound when you turn the steering wheel.
    my questions are...
    are all these problems inter-related?
    should i replace the steering hose?
    which is better: buy a newly-crimped hose or surplus?
    where can i buy them or have them replaced?
    what would be the price range for the above.

Thank you very much... all replies will be greatly appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    got same problem with my toyota celica,,i can't find where exactly the leak is coming -just lazy for me to do- so i keep adding fluid, i noticed once it started to squeak the fluid is low.. with you, better buy surplus hose, reservoir etc. since there 's a lot of corolla around.,,go ahead and fix it before it affects ur gears and get worse..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir, sa banawe maraming new parts. have it fix before pa lumala ang problem.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    should be an easy fix. better to go for newly crimpped hoses imo since di mo rin alam kung pasira na yung mga surplus.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    sirs, thank you for the reply.
    sir backbone, may i know where and possibly how much you spent and what really was the problem?
    sir speedyfix, can you suggest tried and tested crimping shops....
    thank you!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ABC hose in Rizal Ave. Php 800.00 ata ang hose dun depending on the length na din.

Meron din sa Banawe pero ubod ng mahal.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    definitely have it fixed, mahirap na pag lumala, lumalala din gastos

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    sir speedyfix, i read you have a shop. anyway i could drive by and have your mechs see the problem? BTW, where is your shop? thanks

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    speedyfix's shop is located at santolan street. a little further across concept one shop and kartek. coming from aurora blvd, it should be on your left.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sometimes it does not have to be the hose. Try to check the cap itself. May rubber din na baka malutong and it causes leak. Kung minsan, akala mo sa hose galing ang leak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
power steering