New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Saan ba ok magpa-paint? I'm not after the form, but primarily for rust prevention. I'm not sure kung ano tawag talaga dun sa brake part na puwedeng i-paint (drum ba, disc, hub, ewan!), basta I know the round thingie for both the front and back, as well as the brake calipers.

Sorry, I can't find any helpful threads eh. Inputs please peeps...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    pasingit lng, whats the preferred paint type to use on the calipers? hi-temp paint or acrylic? tnx!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    pylox paint lang puede na basta apply mo muna na ng primer before you apply the pylox paint. ok n pylox ung neon colors.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di ba dapat heat resistant paint ang gagamitin?

Dami ko nang nakitang pininturahan ng ordinary spary paints nabakbak.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    its not recommended to spray paint the calipers and the drums since the parts that doesn't need to painted will be oversprayed. not unless you remove the calipers and the rear drums.

another option is to cover the part(s) that doesn't need painting.

btw ive seen a specific paint that can be used in painting brake calipers. i think that was in hans tools, shangri-la mall. it says in the bottle that you have to apply it by brush.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    oo nga kya tinkpan ko ung mga dapat takpan.

I've already had the front brake discs painted by the Toyota casa, kasi sobrang kalawang (as in orange na kulay niya). I left the vehicle overnight, and they removed it, cleaned it, then painted it black. I'm not sure what you call this part, but it's the small round thing, where the nuts are (not the smooth silver side where the brake pads clamp on).

I was thinking parang ok rin gawin sa isang ride ko, that's why I'm asking where I can have this done. Apart from the rust protection, I was thinking to have it painted with the same color as the body, para medyo may porma na rin. And ipapa-paint ko na rin yung calipers and rear drums, para isahan na lang.

Where can I have this done? Ayoko na sa casa. Sana somewhere na sanay sa ganun requests. Siyempre, ipapa-cleaning ko na rin, before i-paint. Who specializes in brake works ba?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would recommend chieffy for this job. but he doesn't do it anymore. maybe speedyfix can do this..right migz? :D

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    magkano singil sa mga shop? may natanungan ako 1k para sa 4 brakes.kung DIY pwede na yung VHT spray paint? need ko pa ng primer after cleaning the brake?

very old thread same inquiry

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    what kind of primer for vht paint? btw, me clear coat ba na vht?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Painting brake disc/drum and calipers