New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    on a '94 hi-lux 4x4, with no additional body lift done yet (it's already pretty high as it is), which would be a better option (would be used basically for some off-road terrain composed of usually dry "rocky" soil):

285/75R16 vs. 33X10.5X15 ?

the first one has a slightly wider footprint, but is the second one taller?
    how much additional body lift should be done with these tires on?

also, if ever, where would these tires be available? regular shops usually carry only up to 265/70 or 31X tires.

thanks!

basta prepare for a different performance on the bigger tires(speed,economy,acceleration,etc)..will the big tires fit? basta dont go beyond i think,10-15% than the oems....gear ratio plays also...since it will need more power to make a wheel 1 revolution..

just leave your options...check them all out..pag kasya,walang "sayad",when the suspension is compressed/turning the wheels..then its fine...other wise, do jeopardize safety and you'll end up more...

31's are big enough..

ps.. walang 33x10.5 na tire size....

30x9.5,31x10.5,ung 32 up has a width more than 10.5,i dont know sa 16 inches..

i suggest based on your use, get an A/T(all-terrain) or M/T(mud terrain) tire grade..never use H/T on offroad...designed for onroad ang H/T.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Bro, I think this will help you...
    http://www.motioncars.com/archive/ti...ial/index.html

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    maraming salamat mga sir.

btw po, mukha pong di available locally yung 33X10.5, pero meron po sa tirerack.com

there could be..pero,sa paghahanap ko,ala pa ako nakitang ganyan,e..gud luck sa hunting..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by corbon44
    285/75R16 vs. 33X10.5X15 ?
    parang magkaiba ata ang rim size??

mas ok sa steering system mo ang narrower tires. less friction with the ground.

compute mo na lang yung height, tamad ako ngayon e. hehehe

dun ako sa tama lang na height and around 10" wide track. baka pag sobra laki ng gulong, mahirapan umandar yung hilux mo

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I like tall and narrow tires. Dunlop makes mud tires in both narrow and wide sizes.

Simex also makes a 34x10.5R15 Trekker tire. But that's one expensive piece.

33x10.5R15 is available in the U.S. Pero mostly mga off-brand like Big-O, and in-house tires sa mga big outlet stores.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    wouldn't narrower tires make your rig more susceptible to rolling?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That would depend on how you drive. And these are not 'narrower' tires. These are still wider than the 'standard' Pajero tires in other markets.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    will tire and rim size affect the changing of gears on auto trannies? like my 95 bighorn?
    i cant recall the exact specs but i know we got fatter tires than the stock 2001 tires for the trooper.

will fatter tires somehow delay the shift of the gears since there's more grip on the road surface?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Opinions on these two wheel/tire sizes