New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    If the sound persist when the steering is being turned left or right, check you velocity joint, this is one symptom (lagatik sound) that it needs to be replaced.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    cv joint , either you replace or repack it. go to cruven or zee or your favorite mechanic. last time i had my cv joint replaced (at cruven makati) was 2 years ago around 4k++ or you can buy your own parts and bring it to cruven for the job and pay only for the service (much cheaper i think).

cv joint yan!

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    *incus:
    Hi!

Where's cruven or zee? Are they both located in Makati?

I had my shock absorbers replaced by shell, andun pa din. Then our neighborhood mekaniko diagnosed it as a suspension problem.

I had both arms (?) replaced, then the bushings replaced. Yung upper and lower arm kaya daw ng mga surplus kaya lang after a few days of waiting, wala daw syang makita na surplus tsaka they tried heating the joints(?) daw para sumikip yung lagayan ng mga ball joint, di daw kaya. so I had to give him cash for the brand new parts.

Curious thing is, I asked for the receipt and the parts he replaced, he always gave me an excuse. Kaso di daw nag-issue yung shop dahil kakilala nya and they gave it to him cheap kaya lang they can't issue a receipt. Tapos iniwan na daw nya dun yun lumang parts kaya di na nya mapakita sa akin.

Yep, I know I've been conned. I just wanted to get my car away from him as soon as possible kaya sabi ko sige tapusin na lang nya yung ginagawa nya at kukunin ko na car ko. P6k total na nagastos ko, e sa respectable na shop sa betterliving 10k ang quotation nila, brand new na lahat. Pwede ko pang hintayin.

Anyways, after a month maingay na naman yung right front wheel at may ka-klak, ka-klak na sound when I turn my wheels to the left.

Now I'm thinking of going to betterliving na lang for the repair but if you had a good experience at cruven or zee, then I'll try them first.

How much po nagastos mo?

Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    to give you an idea on the cost, i was in cruven sucat this morning. spent around 9500 for entire replacement of all the front bushings + two front tie rods + two front ball joints + two rack ends + CV boot sa left and CV regreasing +1 rubber lifter sa front.

ganda ng takbo ng oto ngayon. walang kaingay ingay. parts and labor na pala yung cost.
    Last edited by 1D4LV; June 1st, 2009 at 05:52 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    to give you an idea on the cost, i was in cruven sucat this morning. spent around 9500 for entire replacement of all the front bushings + two front tie rods + two front ball joints + two rack ends + CV boot sa left and CV regreasing.

ganda ng takbo ng oto ngayon. walang kaingay ingay. parts and labor na pala yung cost.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    tsong.... 100% may sira yan c.v joint nyan... either sira ung outer c.v joint tripod bearing nya sa loob or yung inner sa c.v joint nya.check mu din ung shaft assy mu bka sira narin yung tred nya.... pagmagpapalit ka din ng c.v joint sure mu din mganda din yung mabili mung cv boots.. irerefer q sau din yung tokyo brand.. mdami din bumibli sakin nun na auto supply..

yun lng masasabi q..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by incus View Post
    cv joint , either you replace or repack it. go to cruven or zee or your favorite mechanic. last time i had my cv joint replaced (at cruven makati) was 2 years ago around 4k++ or you can buy your own parts and bring it to cruven for the job and pay only for the service (much cheaper i think).
    san po location ng cruven makati?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
need help problem with steering [may lumalagitik kapag kakabig]