New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    its for cars lang ba? what will happen if i use them on my ford escape? baka pwede

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by joms
    its for cars lang ba? what will happen if i use them on my ford escape? baka pwede

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....l=Turanza+LS-H

check the link bro. thought it might help you...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    if you dont go off-roading... passenger tires are ok... look into the oem tires of the new CRV 4x4, they are BFG Traction T/A. it is classified as a passenger tire. i guess, a better guage when looking for tires, is to match or surpass the Load Index of your OEM tires. the GY Fortera 205/70/R15 is rated 96S. the BFG Traction T/A 215/65/R16 is rated 98H. just match it... another area you should look into is the number of plies. the Fortera i mentioned is i think 2ply sidewall + 6 ply thread. the Traction T/A is 2ply sidewall + 5 ply thread. there are tires like the dunlop lm702 215/60/R16 rated 95H but only got 1ply sidewall + 4 ply thread.

try falken. the new lineups are now quieter than ever. not probably the quietest but it is a good M+S and quiet tire for your budget. got mine last december at blumentrit for 3.5K each. and this is the ZE512 225/60/R16 rated 98W 2ply sidewall + 5 ply thread. the BFG Traction T/A goes around 5.5K if my memory serves me right.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    OT, if after changing tires and you still find the road noise unbearable, try having your car sound proofed at Ziebart's.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    If your priority is Ride Comfort and Low Noise, the best candidates are the following according to TireRack survey:

Goodyear Fortera SilentArmor
    Michelin LTX M/S

Try the site http://www.tirerack.com and compare these tires with other tire brands/models.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    hmmmm seems the goodyear fortera silent armor has a nice review. are the forteras we have here in the philippines already the silent armor model? dang meron pa palang HL edition...

are these available here?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT
    MM, wala bang Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza dyan? I used them to replace the stock tires for my 2003 Mazda Tribute (cousin ng Escape) and they were very quiet and comfortable. Kung wala, try mo na rin kung available yung Dueler H/T.
    para sa sizes ng 215/70/R16 and 235/60/R16 walang Dueler H/L dito sa Pinas. pero alam ko yung XUV ay naka Dueler H/L pero 15 inch lang siya.

yung Dueler H/T, hindi rin siya ganun katahimik (compared to the Fortera).

Quote Originally Posted by joms
    hmmmm seems the goodyear fortera silent armor has a nice review. are the forteras we have here in the philippines already the silent armor model? dang meron pa palang HL edition...

are these available here?
    AFAIK, hindi Silent Armor yung Fortera na nandito. magkaiba ang groove patterns ng US-spec and ASEAN-spec Fortera kung mapansin mo. pero Fortera ang pinaka ok so far sa na research ko.

gusto mo research mo yung Dunlop SP9000. alam ko tahimik yan (kasi pang passenger car yun). plus, maganda ang wet and dry traction niyan. si baiskee nagbebenta ng Dunlop tires.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...y.jsp?type=HAS

Goodyear Fortera Silent Armor ang pinaka silent...
    Last edited by kimpOy; February 9th, 2006 at 04:28 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    BFGoodrich Macadam T/A, im very satisfied with it.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by knight23
    BFGoodrich Macadam T/A, im very satisfied with it.
    sir... wala akong mahagilap na ganyan dito sa manila. hehe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Most quiet tire available in the Philippines