New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    mga peeps and gurus,

just bought this as recommended by my mechanic for my pinoy wrangler upgrade. Just recently installed di ko pa napapatakbo dahil ongoing pa rin ang gawa.

anyone tried this shocks your input please.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Monroe is a well known manufacturer of shocks. Dati usong uso yan. Pero mahirap na atang humanap ngayon niyan dito.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Monroe is the company that makes shocks for Old Man Emu (OME). I have not tried Monroe yet kasi KYB ang unanimous choice ng Pajero off-roaders (it even beat OME and Rancho).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm...so ok naman pala sila?

we sell them sa shop eh...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I also read or overheard somewhere that Monroe is also manufacturing shocks for Rancho brand too, aside from OME. But some valve characteristics inside those tubes differ from one another that affects the pricing.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're not into anything extreme, ok na ang Monroe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Uy, dont write off Monroe as a cheapo brand. Maganda rin mga high performance models nila, some with variable damping. Meron nagalok sa akin niyan sa banawe for P1,600 a piece.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    For the information of everybody.

"Monroe Australia, as the only shock absorber manufacturer in Australia, does produce the Nitrocharger range for ARB under agreement to ARB. In this agreement ARB (Old Man Emu) is the only private brand 4x4 shock absorber range that Monroe can make, other than their own Gas Magnum range. All other 4x4 shock absorbers are imported. The OME product has a number of exclusive features compared to the Monroe Gas Magnum product. They are: 18 mm Piston Rod compared to 16 mm in the Gas Magnum Triple Lip Check Valve Oil Seal compared to mufti lip seal type 1.6 mm Reserve tube thickness compared to 1.3 mm Most importantly, the OME Nitrocharger range has many hundreds of hours spent on valving engineering to ensure the shock absorber is matched to the OME coil range, as well as the OEM coils. This why in most cases there are a choice of part numbers to choose from for an individual vehicle. The Monroe Gas Magnum is valved as a replacement for the original shock and therefore has only 1 part for each application."

And yes Monroe USA manufactures Rancho also. Rancho distributor has dissected s most brands of shock absorbers available here in the phils will try to get a side by side picture for the information of everybody.

Monroe shocks