New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mga sir sa nakagamit na po ng Monroe brand of shocks coments naman po.. Ok po ba ito interms of quality and durability?

TIA

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by batosai View Post
    Mga sir sa nakagamit na po ng Monroe brand of shocks coments naman po.. Ok po ba ito interms of quality and durability?

TIA
    The Monroe brand of shock absorbers has been around for ages and if the brand survived that long, it should be okay. Used Monroe shocks a number of times before and it never disappointed.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i've used monroe on our mazda 323 and lancer before, ok naman. it is one of the more popular replacement shocks out there.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    They've been around for a loooong time.

Monroe Ad Spoof/Outake: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpi5UXuoCzQ"]YouTube - Monroe Shock Absorbers Gay Commercial[/ame]

:funa:

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Yan yung ginagamit namin noon sa mga passenger jeepneys ni erpat, just don't know if todays quality is the same.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    where can i buy monroe shocks??

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by batosai View Post

TIA

batosai,
    monroes just like most shock absorbers which have been in the market are okay to use. there are usually two numbers such as 70/30. the first number represents the ratio of compression energy in relation to extension energy requirements. the higher the first number is, the stiffer it is. if your ride is a cadillac or continental, the first number will be lower, say 60 and of course the second number will be 40....
    they come in nitro charged (pneudraulic) and regular hydraulic. how can you tell the difference? the gas charged unit comes collapsed with a binder plastic strip or wire. be careful when releasing this s/a. release upright as i it were installed so you don't need to bleed it. the regular hydraulic ones usually requires to be bled. check installation instructions in the box. failure to bleed regular s/a will result in poor performance.
    jick

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    any feedback on moroe shocks?
    which is better monroe or kyb?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by trucker111 View Post
    any feedback on moroe shocks?
    which is better monroe or kyb?
    Both are OK. Choose the more affordable one.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    I remember nun 1982 nun bata pa ako kalalabas lang ng new assembled jeepney namin. Monroe ang shock absorber nun. It comes in Yellow or white color. Kung sa durability eh okey tlaga imagine ka-bad ng road condition nun samin..tsk. Thru the years yun lagi brand na yan ang pinapalit ng father ko. So I vote na durable tlaga sya.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Is Monroe Brand Ok?