New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hi mga tsikoteers...

Just wanted to check if its safe to mix power steering fluids?

To explain, earlier I was at SpeedyFix for my 15k-km change oil and I tried their promo for Royal Purple and as of tonight Im quite satisfied naman.. I also saw that Royal Purple also have a power steering fluid...

So Im thinking if its safe if to mix power steering fluids? or do i need to remove/drain my stock power steering fluid then change it pure to royal purple...

Di ko na natanong kay Sir Migs kasi ngayon ko lang naisip pag uwi ko.

Btw, my van is a Suzuki APV Type 2 MT. If you need to know the van where im planning to use the fluid.

Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Better drain and put in new fluid. Para nalinis na rin.

ypu.. ako higop-system gawa ko.. 1 lter lang naman e.. tsaka mahirap idrain ang power steering, walang dedicated drain plug...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Use only what is recommended in the manual. OEM is best.

In the subject of changing PSF, the proper method is:

1. Put the front end of the car on jack stands
    2. Remove as much PSF from the reservoir with a suction tool such as a turkey baster
    3. Unclip the return hose from the reservoir and inset it inside an old container
    4. Have somebody hold the container as you start the engine and turn the steering lock to lock. Do this several times until no more fluid is coming out of the return hose
    5. Turn off the engine and reconnect the return hose
    6. Pour new PSF into the reservoir and start the engine
    7. Have somebody turn the steering lock to lock to bleed the system while you pour PSF fluid until it reaches the max level
    8. Cover up the reservoir and clean up any spillage and you're done

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    for best results pa palit brake fluid, maganda ma bleed.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    grabe.. complicated din pala...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    adding new question since related sa title...

since its hard or quite troublesome mag palit ng power steering fluid from my OEM to Royal Purple..

Im sure that its possible na iba-iba ang power steering fluid ang ginagamit ng suzuki for the same model of cars..

then how will i know what is the power steering fluid that i have right now? para kung mag da-dagdag ako i know what to buy...

i checked the manual and unfortunately walang naka indicate kung anong klase.. but on the hood, i saw 'shell lubricant's' , penz-oil, stickers... is it possible na shell power steering fluid ang nilagay nila or preferred?

but still... im not sure kung anong klaseng power steering fluid ang naka lagay sa sasakyan...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I find it weird that the PSF type is not indicated in the manual. Anyway, here's what I'd do; Call up 2 or 3 Suzuki dealers and talk to a senior service personnel (ie. service supervisor) and ask them which PSF type to use for your car.

PSF type is important! Having the wrong fluid type will shorten the life of your PS. DO NOT mix different types.

If I may iterate, whenever possible, use OEM PSF.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    yup... unfortunately hindi naka-lagay kung anong tatak.. ill try to double check later after work.

if everything else fails, ill call my dealer to ask..

but i believe the same type of PS Fluid but different products will be safe diba? basta pareho ang 'type' nila.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    kailangan tsek with the manual or ask the manufacturer kasi mayron talaga specified type technically may term o klase ng PSF ang angkop para sa isang type ng sasakyan kundi mas malaki gastos kung masira ang steering pump dahil di compatible ang fluid. sa Adventure ko specified Dexron 1 or 2 eh marami ngayon dexron 3 na. kaya punta ako sa ATCO to tsek kc drain ko rin PSF kasi 10yrs na eh...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mixing Power Steering Fluid???