New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    tanong lang, kung pudpod na ang brake pads mo, does this lead to frequent brake fluid lessening?
    Pag pudpud na pag pinalitan mo pads, tataas ulit fluid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Pag pudpud na pag pinalitan mo pads, tataas ulit fluid.

can you elaborate more bakit tataas ang brake fluid sa container niya?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hydrolic siya diba? Hinde naman dapat magbawas brake fluid kung walang leak

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    can you elaborate more bakit tataas ang brake fluid sa container niya?
    The caliper piston will push back to its original position kasi makapal na ulit new brake pads mo. So tataas dapat ang fluid level mo due to the push back of the fluid.

Tama si shadow, if nagbabawas yan, may leak. Dapat kasi hindi nagbabawas yan. Kelangan mo hanapin source ng leak. Delikado yan.

5. Join Date
    May 2017
    siguro nga baka may leak lang, iniisip ko kasi baka yung worn-out break pads can contribute to brake fluid leaking hehe...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    hbf 3 ng Total yung tinop-up ko me nakalagay naman na DOT3 and Total yung fluids ng Ertiga.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    siguro nga baka may leak lang, iniisip ko kasi baka yung worn-out break pads can contribute to brake fluid leaking hehe...
    Pudpud na ba pads mo? Yun muna pa check mo then palitan pag tumaas eh di ok na.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    i checked my brake fluid level and it is between the max and low. I dont add. because i know the brake pads are near getting worn off.
    yup... pero I have this habit (noon) na after replacing the pads, bleed ko konti yung brakes para mabago/malinis yung fluid... kaya kailangan ko magdagdag ng fluid...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    tanong lang, kung pudpod na ang brake pads mo, does this lead to frequent brake fluid lessening?
    if you have to add fluid several times over a short period of time, say, several days or several times in one day, then you have a leak.
    when the brake pads wear down, your brake pistons will ride lower in the cylinders. this means, more brake fluid will go down the tubings, resulting in a lower brake fuel level in the reservoir. this occurs very slowly over the spread of months.
    when the old pads are replaced by new pads, the mekaniko will push the pistons inward, and the brake fluid will go back up into the reservoir. sometimes, if you added brake fluid earlier, the reservoir overflows when the mekaniko does his thing.

10. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if you have to add fluid several times over a short period of time, say, several days or several times in one day, then you have a leak.
    when the brake pads wear down, your brake pistons will ride lower in the cylinders. this means, more brake fluid will go down the tubings, resulting in a lower brake fuel level in the reservoir. this occurs very slowly over the spread of months.
    when the old pads are replaced by new pads, the mekaniko will push the pistons inward, and the brake fluid will go back up into the reservoir. sometimes, if you added brake fluid earlier, the reservoir overflows when the mekaniko does his thing.

oic, ganun pala ang mangyayari, thanks boss D, learned a lot from this!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Mixing Brake fluid