New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Hi, 1st gen Mitsu Advie auto ko.

Ganun ba talaga siya ka tagtag? last year nag palit ako ng shock absorber sa likod, KYB Gas type.
    Any tips para ma-lessen yung tagtag, madalas po kasi ako lang gumagamit, tsaka kahit apat na pasahero ko inside matagtag parin.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    since its a first gen advie.. the suspension could be weak already and is bottoming out thats why its having a rough ride..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ironvin View Post
    Hi, 1st gen Mitsu Advie auto ko.

Ganun ba talaga siya ka tagtag? last year nag palit ako ng shock absorber sa likod, KYB Gas type.
    Any tips para ma-lessen yung tagtag, madalas po kasi ako lang gumagamit, tsaka kahit apat na pasahero ko inside matagtag parin.
    i also experienced rough ride when i replaced my innova's front and rear shocks with kybs.. but it softened down after a short while.
    i used the cheaper ones. i wonder... would it have been a smoother result had i opted for the more expensive kybs?
    is it possible, i was given fakes?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    start with the tires, make sure your tires are inflated to the right pressure and are the right type and load range. don't use LT tires (light truck)
    next, see if you have 50/50 shocks (the first number is jounce or compression when you hit bumps, the second number is for rebound or recovery after hitting bumps). if the the shock absorber is 70/30, you what it means
    next, check that your unsprung weight is not too heavy. this is the weight that is not supported by the spring (the tire, hub and spindle, brakes, the struts and the control arms and that the wheels are not too heavy)
    if your tires are lower in profile or aspect ratio than the original designed tires, it sure will ride a little bit rough
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; February 22nd, 2014 at 08:39 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    ilang taon ba or ilang kilometers bago mag palit ng shocks.

tanong lang po

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    ilang taon ba or ilang kilometers bago mag palit ng shocks.

tanong lang po
    well, mine lasted 85K...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Leaf springs? if yes, most of the time matagtag talaga lalo na pag mga 1 or 2 lang ang sakay, matibay naman.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Experts recommend replacing shocks every 50,000 miles (80,467 kilometers), but a great deal depends on how you treat your vehicle's suspension. Are you logging all those miles on the placid interstate, or are you off-roading on winding dirt roads through the untamed wild? Well, before that point, unusual suspension noises or excessive bounce or sway may indicate it's time to replace those shocks.
    HowStuffWorks "How long do car shocks last?"

9. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i also experienced rough ride when i replaced my innova's front and rear shocks with kybs.. but it softened down after a short while.
    i used the cheaper ones. i wonder... would it have been a smoother result had i opted for the more expensive kybs?
    is it possible, i was given fakes?
    if its stiffer than the OEM sir, your KYB's are orig.

Tokico is the OEM shocks of innova. cmiiw

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by innova2013 View Post
    if its stiffer than the OEM sir, your KYB's are orig.

Tokico is the OEM shocks of innova. cmiiw
    hah! mas matigas nga... akala ko baka na-denggoy ako... salamat po!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast