New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    OK ba gamitin yung rubber na nilalagay sa coil spring para tumaas ang suspension ng auto.. May nakapagsabi sakin na meron daw nilalagay sa gitna ng coil spring para tumaas ang auto kesa bumili ng bagong shock absorber.. need help. thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by edgar75 View Post
    OK ba gamitin yung rubber na nilalagay sa coil spring para tumaas ang suspension ng auto.. May nakapagsabi sakin na meron daw nilalagay sa gitna ng coil spring para tumaas ang auto kesa bumili ng bagong shock absorber.. need help. thanks.
    These rubber "donuts" installed at the end of the springs are called "lifters".

Ok naman gamitin yung lifters but they will only lift the suspension. The suspension travel will still be the same amount before you had the lifters installed.

So if your suspension tends to bottom out, it will still bottom out with lifters installed.

The alternative is the rubber inserts but those can suddenly fall out.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    These rubber "donuts" installed at the end of the springs are called "lifters".

Ok naman gamitin yung lifters but they will only lift the suspension. The suspension travel will still be the same amount before you had the lifters installed.

So if your suspension tends to bottom out, it will still bottom out with lifters installed.

The alternative is the rubber inserts but those can suddenly fall out.

gnun ba.. thanks sa advice..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Those lifters will not help if your shocks are bottoming out. Natatandaan ko dati may nag rerepair ng shocks dyan sa may cubao sa bandang murphy na try ko din yun nung araw ok naman sya tumatagal din.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Need advise.. nka lowered po un front ng car ko..(as I bought it) gusto ko sana di masyado matagtag pero retain yun lowered set-up. Thanks..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Chawap View Post
    Need advise.. nka lowered po un front ng car ko..(as I bought it) gusto ko sana di masyado matagtag pero retain yun lowered set-up. Thanks..
    i think your front springs are "putol".
    two things you can do:

- replace your front springs with stock springs. yun nga lang mawawala ang lowered look mo. but then you can have your shock seats lowered.
    - replace your front springs with aftermarket lowering springs. sama mo na din yung likod since set of 4 ito.

adding a lifter will not help you on the tagtag issue.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    but what if I replace the shock absorber instead? Are there any shocks for this kind of set-up?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    but what if I replace the shock absorber instead? Are there any shocks for this kind of set-up?
    even if you replace the shocks with a more stiffer shock, but you are still using a putol spring, its useless.

but on reality, if you would use a lowering spring and pair it with a gas shock, the ride would be good. but it would still depend on the brand of the lowering spring used.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Can you pls give advise on what brand should I consider? Thanks po..

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Can you pls give advise on what brand should I consider? Thanks po..
    ----

may kakilala ako n nagpalit to aftermarket springs. H & R sport. may kamahalan nga lang (15k) pero ok ang ride comfort. For Shocks, kung may budget, mag Bilstein ka na. Uber ok ang combi ng 2ng to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
mababa suspension..