New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dale323 View Post
    ----

may kakilala ako n nagpalit to aftermarket springs. H & R sport. may kamahalan nga lang (15k) pero ok ang ride comfort. For Shocks, kung may budget, mag Bilstein ka na. Uber ok ang combi ng 2ng to.

Yup, ok H&R. Mura na rin sya compared sa OEM springs ng casa (P30k the last time I checked - Suzuki). Pede na rin KYB gas shocks i-pares dito if you're on a budget.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *Chawap: It'll depend, greatly, on what your specific car is.

What "works" will vary from car to car... It will vary wildly.

I run H&R springs with Tokico adjustables, and the drop was way too low ...even with stock shocks, the drop was way over 2", and I had to use 1.5" lifters in front and 2" lifters in the rear to get the proper three to four finger width clearance for my wheels... and no matter how I set the Tokicos, the ride is just plain harsh over most bumps. On some cars, the H&R will be good, but on my particular car: the Lynx RS, it's a bit much.

Other Lynx owners keep asking me how I got the "perfect" stance... the answer? Tons of experimentation with lifters... :hysterical:

On Sentras, there's a cheap way to lower the front of your B14. Buy replacement shocks for the B13. The B13 has less suspension travel, so the spring perch on the B13 shocks is lower... giving you a 0.5 - 1" drop in front, even with the stock B14 springs... possibly more if you switch to B13 springs.

There are other tricks possible, but it would help if we knew what car you are driving.
    Last edited by niky; December 16th, 2009 at 12:00 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    *[b]Chawap[b]: It'll depend, greatly, on what your specific car is.

What "works" will vary from car to car... It will vary wildly.

I run H&R springs with Tokico adjustables, and the drop was way too low ...even with stock shocks, the drop was way over 2", and I had to use 1.5" lifters in front and 2" lifters in the rear to get the proper three to four finger width clearance for my wheels... and no matter how I set the Tokicos, the ride is just plain harsh over most bumps. On some cars, the H&R will be good, but on my particular car: the Lynx RS, it's a bit much.

Other Lynx owners keep asking me how I got the "perfect" stance... the answer? Tons of experimentation with lifters... :hysterical:

On Sentras, there's a cheap way to lower the front of your B14. Buy replacement shocks for the B13. The B13 has less suspension travel, so the spring perch on the B13 shocks is lower... giving you a 0.5 - 1" drop in front, even with the stock B14 springs... possibly more if you switch to B13 springs.

There are other tricks possible, but it would help if we knew what car you are driving.

H&R talaga ang pinaka the best, imho. ok din ang tanabe.
    on niky's note: yes, i am using a B13 shock sa B14 ko. 3 finger gap from 6.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    '92 Corolla Gli matic po yun car ko.. ano po ba other possibilities?

around how much po kaya tanabe?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    any comments for RSR lowering springs? Ideas on how much? salamat po..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Maiba naman ako. Gusto ko sana magpalift ng suspension. Naka outlander kasi ako ngayon pero medyo mababa yung likuran nya kasi may nakakabit na tow hitch which I think is heavy.

San po pwede magpalagay ng lifter dito sa makati?
    Ano po ibig sabihin ng bottom out?
    Around how much po magpalagay nito?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
mababa suspension..