New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Kwento ko lang pauwi ako from a night swimming with barkada palabas ako ng subdivision here in QC and after ko mag right turn nakaramdam ako ng sudden vibration and after a second or two bumagsak yung front driver side ng auto ko!! akala ko nalubak lang ako pero yung tropa ko sumigaw: Yung gulong mo lumipad!! i was shocked to see my left wheel flew across the street buti na lang around 2am na yun at wala tinamaan across the street. Im using 17" rim with 3mm and 5mm Spacer (Kasi tumatama sa wall and shocks) with Stock wheels stud!! To cut my story short ang dahilan ng pag kalas ng rims ko sa wheel stud ay dahil sa loose taiwan copy aluminum nuts ang babaw ng pag ka torqued kaya ang bilis lumuwag. Wasak yung left fender ko and minor scratches sa loob ng rim buti na lang walang damage yung brake rotors and bumper ko. I learned my lesson nag pakabit nako ng Extended wheel studs para buong extended lug nuts eh pasok na pasok and bought me original extended lugnuts ayaw ko na sa copy hehe. Kung meron man s ainyo na hindi swak ang lugnuts niyo sa wheel studs palitan niyo na yan baka magaya kayo sakin nakakatakot na experience. Thanks for reading

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep, invest in a good set of studs and lugs. Thanks for sharing the story so that others who think those are not mission critical components will think twice about not investing.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Happened to me twice na.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'm glad that you're safe

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    When going for aluminum lugs, don't buy the cheap ****. Hell, when buying lugs, don't buy cheap **** period!

For affordable, high quality aluminum lugs, I got mine at Autoplus. They were selling them by the piece back then, so if you lost one, easy to get a replacement. Four years of heavy use and mine are still in perfect condtion. The cheap aluminum and steel ones I'd tried before (on my previous car) would always strip out within a year.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Hala.. Akin normal steel ung lugs ko. Anong brand okay and mga around how much?
    Glad that you're safe sir. :-)
    Sent from my Galaxy S using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    same question with mikkiW, what are good aftermarket brands when buying lugs? i have D1Spec on my car running 17s and with spacers as well so this story hit a bit too close to home..

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
    same question with mikkiW, what are good aftermarket brands when buying lugs? i have D1Spec on my car running 17s and with spacers as well so this story hit a bit too close to home..
    Lol, same atin. I have spacers in my front wheels and im running in 17s. I forgot the brand of my lugs. Bsta black sya na steel! Hehehe.

OT:ung mags ko is color bronze and ung body ng car us white. Anong magandang combination?

Sent from my Galaxy S using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Thanks guys yung unang lugs na ginamit ko is D1Spec medyo worn out na siya 1 year ko pa lang nagamit and yung nagpaltalsik sa gulong ko eh yung rays lugnut both are copy only. Hiningi ng friend ko yung rays lugnut ko kasi my spare pa un 4 pcs so yung nasirang nuts pinalitan nya ng spare habang kinakabit namin NAPUTOL yung nut!! normal wrench lang gamit namin hindi torque tapos medyo nasikipan niya ng konti buti na lang walang damage yung wheel studs niya hahaha napaka unreliable ng fake aluminum. Sa mga gumagamit pa ng mga aluminum copy ingat ingat na lang sa pag torque baka ma sobrahan and check niyo weekly kung maluwag mahirap na baka tumalsik pa yan in high speed

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    now im getting anxious.. need to buy new lugnuts for my van as well... starting to see them with rust inside... tsk.. may long drive pa ko this coming 22nd of december..

thank you sir for sharing..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Left wheel flew and scared the **** out of me!