New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    what are the symptoms of a leaking shock absorber (fluid type)? meron ba talagang liquid type na lumalabas dun sa shock pag may leak na ito? will a leaking shock cause noise while the car is in motion?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rockyme,

Yup, oil will leak out of it. Even good shocks produce sounds sometimes.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Leaking shocks could be easily checked by accumulated moist dust around the rod seal area. It would be better if you wipe of the grimes first then drive a block or two to check for the oil leaks around it.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    OTEP and UNGAS,
    thanks for the great inputs. they are well taken. i'll have my shocks checked soon!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rockyme::: Good luck.

And oh, by the way, what is your ride? And how old is it?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ungas, thanks!

i have a pretty old car, a singkit. wanting to install surplus shocks na lang since this is an old car (in fairness makinis pa syang tingnan at matibay pa, aside from the shocks). :D is it advisable to do so?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would not advise the surplus shocks since you can't ba sure how long they will last. My dad had one installed in our car once at pinagsisihan niya 3 months later. If tight ang budget then go for the good replacements like KYB. :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hello. :D tama po si roydok. even if mura ang surplus, dont go for them coz you wont have a clue how long they would last. doble gastos lang po to if ever :D goodluck!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    thanks for the ideas! :wink: any idea on how much would a pair of kyb, gas type cost? saang store ang cheapest? thanks!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    wats ur car? sa mga lancer more or less 2500 sa likod 1500 sa harap (or baligtad)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
leaking shock absorber