New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    ^
    I wish Koni would make them Special Active shocks for more cars. For trucks/SUVs they only have Heavy Track and HT Raid. More comfortable than the equivalent Bilsteins but still a compromise leaning on the firm side. Rebound is adjustable but compression isn't.

How many kms have you put on the Konis?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    How many kms have you put on the Konis?
    FSDs have long been around. Shocks & struts are a wear item I usually keep spares of in the parts bin & FSDs, if available, are the favored. Those pic'd were a present(from a bighearted brotherKYB Shock Absorber fitment question) I couldn't wait to put on. A year & 7k kms or so after, they're as sweet as ever. Hope they'd last the car's lifetime so I won't have to put the stocks, now spares, back on.KYB Shock Absorber fitment question
    Had a chance to install the updated FSDs, now red-painted & named Special Active, on a bud's weekender. His used-to-be-harsh-on-ruts lil toy now rides like a Camry, he says.KYB Shock Absorber fitment question....Thing w/ these, they're bipolar... they soften on rough & firm up when pushed.KYB Shock Absorber fitment questionKYB Shock Absorber fitment question

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    FSDs have long been around. Shocks & struts are a wear item I usually keep spares of in the parts bin & FSDs, if available, are the favored. Those pic'd were a present(from a bighearted brotherKYB Shock Absorber fitment question) I couldn't wait to put on. A year & 7k kms or so after, they're as sweet as ever. Hope they'd last the car's lifetime so I won't have to put the stocks, now spares, back on.KYB Shock Absorber fitment question
    Had a chance to install the updated FSDs, now red-painted & named Special Active, on a bud's weekender. His used-to-be-harsh-on-ruts lil toy now rides like a Camry, he says.KYB Shock Absorber fitment question....Thing w/ these, they're bipolar... they soften on rough & firm up when pushed.KYB Shock Absorber fitment questionKYB Shock Absorber fitment question

Good to know Koni FSD/Special Active live up to the non compromise claim of improving both ride and handling. But at 7TKm, early days still to comment on durability. What happens when you hit a pothole mid corner though?

The closest thing I found that works similarly albeit for trucks/SUVs is Fox coilovers. Unfortunately with the exception of the last gen Fort, they only make em for US market cars.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Good to know Koni FSD/Special Active live up to the non compromise claim of improving both ride and handling. But at 7TKm, early days still to comment on durability. What happens when you hit a pothole mid corner though?

The closest thing I found that works similarly albeit for trucks/SUVs is Fox coilovers. Unfortunately with the exception of the last gen Fort, they only make em for US market cars.
    7k kms is on the current daily. This isn't my first try. FSDs have long proven their worth. They've been around for a coupla decades now. Though their NA warranty won't cover products shipped outside, it shows how Koni vouches for quality.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Koni makes quality stuff for sure. The Heavy Tracks on my old pickup are still working long after I sold it. Must have at least 60Tkm on them by now. I just wonder about the Special Active's durability given the added complexity. How long did your other sets last?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Koni makes quality stuff for sure. The Heavy Tracks on my old pickup are still working long after I sold it. Must have at least 60Tkm on them by now. I just wonder about the Special Active's durability given the added complexity. How long did your other sets last?
    Special Active(red) replaced the FSD(gold discontinued) about 3years ago. Never had the old version give out on the old cars(long sold). A bud had them on his '06 ex-daily for about 50k kms...still good prior to trading in for a '14 WRX.
    Compared the new Reds we replaced on another brother's last Feb....Couldn't tell any difference besides the color.
    Just a note...this Koni series, for certain models w/ limited suspension travel, shouldn't be paired w/ lowering springs. The STR(orange) & Sport(yellow) are for that application. Both harsher than FSDs.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Where can you order Koni shocks? Hirap dito sa Mindanao, sobrang limited. Either original or KYB lang. And adding to that problem, the 3rd gen Focus is such a rare car that no shops bothered to supply its parts. Usually 2nd gen lang meron.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Where can you order Koni shocks? Hirap dito sa Mindanao, sobrang limited. Either original or KYB lang. And adding to that problem, the 3rd gen Focus is such a rare car that no shops bothered to supply its parts. Usually 2nd gen lang meron.
    Most reasonable? Source them online... Here's to help your search, sir....

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    So the dealer told me it didn’t fit. Damn.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    So the dealer told me it didn’t fit. Damn.
    Damn! Meron pala variation ang sasakyan mo. My twist beam pivot bushing dalawang variation 70 and 72mm from super pro(aftermarket). I'm going hyundai to avoid the headache lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast