New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2012
    When my front wheels were changed, during the alignment I was told that the from suspension on the driver's side was busted, but not that bad yet. In fact, I do not notice any changes in my drive. Nor do I see any drip in the mornings.

Should I really change the suspension soon? Could it wait some months before I would change it? What signs, if any, before I would really need to change the busted suspension? And is it really true that I have to change both or the two front suspensions, even if only one of them is busted?

thanks in advance...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    alam mo naman ang mga siraniko ngayon naghahanap ng sira kahit hindi sira para magpagawa ka sa kanya instant cash LOL
    Last edited by EE100shiro; June 23rd, 2012 at 11:59 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bintoy View Post
    When my front wheels were changed, during the alignment I was told that the from suspension on the driver's side was busted, but not that bad yet. In fact, I do not notice any changes in my drive. Nor do I see any drip in the mornings.

Should I really change the suspension soon? Could it wait some months before I would change it? What signs, if any, before I would really need to change the busted suspension? And is it really true that I have to change both or the two front suspensions, even if only one of them is busted?

thanks in advance...
    sometimes you can't blame the car owner for not following the recommendations of the "mechanic" because of many unscrupulous and dishonest people. but sometimes they tell you the truth. have another opinion. when you say "drip" you probably are talking about hydraulic fluid from the struts or shock absorbers. from past experience working at a dealership, i always recommended the necessary repairs for safety, performance and longevity of the vehicle. past experience too working on aircraft, we did not wait for the aircraft to crash before we decide to maintain it or fix it. each part has a shelf life or an expected lifetime. even the engine oil, you do not wait until the engine knocks. there is an old adage: don't fix it if it ain't broke. this does not apply all the time. consider your safety, your passengers, the other vehicles around you or the innocent people around the improperly maintained vehicle who became collateral damage or casualty. suspension is nothing to skimp of the same with your brakes. it is the peace of mind you did what is right and proper.