New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Hi guys. Just got a second hand innova last week. I noticed that the vehicle is slightly tilted lower to the left (driver side). At first I thought something heavy was just loaded on that side. But after clearing out all the items inside, the vehicle is still tilted.

I took it to a Yokohama shop in Binan to have it checked. The mechanic's recommendation is to replace both front shocks because it already has leaks, and that it's probably causing the tilting. Bumagsak na daw siguro yung shock kase may tagas na. So we went on with the replacement for P3,000+ (for each shock absorber).

But after installation, the car is still tilting down to the driver's side. They can't seem to figure out what's wrong with the car. They said I have to bring the car to the casa so they can check the whole body's placement on the chassis.

Has anyone experienced this? What could possibly cause the tilting?

Need help on this. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    normal naman yan. kasi palaging may sakay sa driver side. baka mataba yung previous owner. gaano ba kalaki difference from the other side?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    It's the springs that bear the weight of the car. The shock absorbers have little to no effect on the car's stance or level. Sagging springs are more likely the culprit. Springs eventually sag due to normal use or abuse.

It could also be caused by bent suspension parts.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Your shocks may not have been defective in the first place. Shops sometimes wipe oil on your shocks I make them appear they are leaking.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    thats normal according to toyota manila bay. driver side is lower. by a few cm. they also had toyota phil. take a look at it to confirm.

btw, they checked a 2008 unit.

Innova tilted to the left