New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    What stockengine said is correct. Could be just dirty sensors.

The ABS pump could have been clogged with dirty brake fluid. This applies to all cars. ABS or Non-ABS. You should flush the brake system when you see that the fluid inside the reservoir has turned black. You should be able to see through the bottom of the reservoir if the fluid is clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks sir! Very helpful since i would know what to check. I have a hunch on what might have caused this. I had undercoating service, it was done very poorly since the tired werent even removed. And brake system not covered with news paper while spraying.

I saw some DIY vids on how to clean the abs sensor. I will give it a shot, hope it works.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    the abs probably compares diagonally aka fr-rl and fl-rr

front right - rear left
    front left - rear right

im guessing comparator detects too much speed difference between the two sensors.

one sensor is probably defective or dirty
    correction

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    nag pa undercoating ka pala. baka one small mist got onto the sensor surface...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by frost2 View Post
    Yes sir. Sira talaga, walang fluid na lumalabas kapag nag break ako.

if no fluid is coming out, it probably wasnt bled properly.

during hard braking abs senses wheel lock, if it does it will cyclicly remove/apply hydraulic pressure. if you see tire tracks that are on and off.. thats abs working on a vehicle in an emergency braking scenario.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    First, there is no listing for code 71-31.

Second, if it was tire position 2 and tire position 3 ( FR and RL), it would be code 71-21 or code 71-27.

Follow these steps.

http://hondafitjazz.com/manual3/en/h.../index162.html

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mina_nuka View Post
    First, there is no listing for code 71-31.

Second, if it was tire position 2 and tire position 3 ( FR and RL), it would be code 71-21 or code 71-27.

Follow these steps.

http://hondafitjazz.com/manual3/en/h.../index162.html

Ito sir

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    nag pa undercoating ka pala. baka one small mist got onto the sensor surface...
    Sana nga sir tama ka. Btw, any suggestion on what to use to clean the abs sensor?

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    I had it replaced by a new abs from the same shop but still SAME ERROR.

Which part of the system in particular was replaced? The wiring, the pump, the EBCM, the sensors, the reluctor wheels? Or all of the above. No specifics so you might be talking about all the hardware.

If the tires and wheels were not changed and the diameters are the same, chances are that the ac signal from any or both these tire positions picked up ferrous debris in front of the sensor tip since these sensors are magnetic tipped. If you had recent brake job involving resurfacing of the brake rotors this prone to happening or if your brake pads wore out to the point it's scaping the rotor it will make ferrous dust that clings to the magnetic sensor

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mina_nuka View Post
    I had it replaced by a new abs from the same shop but still SAME ERROR.

Which part of the system in particular was replaced? The wiring, the pump, the EBCM, the sensors, the reluctor wheels? Or all of the above. No specifics so you might be talking about all the hardware.

If the tires and wheels were not changed and the diameters are the same, chances are that the ac signal from any or both these tire positions picked up ferrous debris in front of the sensor tip since these sensors are magnetic tipped. If you had recent brake job involving resurfacing of the brake rotors this prone to happening or if your brake pads wore out to the point it's scaping the rotor it will make ferrous dust that clings to the magnetic sensor
    Thanks for the reply sir, I believed just the abs pump was replaced.

On possible debris on the magnetic tip, is this something that can be cleaned?

O

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by frost2 View Post

Ito sir

71-33 pala eh. Not 71-31.

I can see the shop is using a Launch scanner. That is a good brand of OBD code scanner. It can also read fault codes from other car systems such as ABS, Transmission, etc.

Unfortunately all four wheels needs to be removed to check the ABS Wheel sensors if there is any undercoating or debris stuck in the sensing surface. Have them clean this, put them back and reset the fault code.

You need to put back all four wheels and drive around to see if the warning light will appear again.

Worst case scenario, if the warning light comes again. You have to replace one or two ABS Wheel sensors.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast