New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Hello guys..

Newbie here and first time car owner. Just wanted to ask if meron kayong alam na magaling na auto/repair shop, around Makati area. Dunno what's happening kasi sa Kia Picanto ko. Everytime na ginagamit ko sya lalo lumalala yung ingay sa brake. Dati pagkastart lang nung car maingay. Now everytime na nagbebrake, may maririning pa rin na "tok" pero mahina lang. 7000km pa lang sya so di naman sya siguro brake pads?

Pahelp naman po mga bossing. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    baka naman within warranty pa? dalhin mo sa casa.

anyway, palinis mo brakes sa gas station and lubricate the calipers

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Yup. Within warranty pa. Mag-one year pa lang to next month. Kakadala ko pa lang sya sa casa. Nawala yung ingay then after a couple of weeks ganun na naman. Tsaka parang di smooth yung ride nya ngayon.

Pasensya na po paranoid na talaga ko. First car ko kasi eh tsaka wala ko masyado alam sa mga kotse.

Thanks sa reply.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Cars will never be perfect. They have built in tolerances. The noisy brakes on my Nissan have been there as far as I can remember. But when we took the brakes apart, everything was in order. Just some normal road debris that got wedged in the pads.

Check the tire inflation if you feel the ride is bumpy. I think the recommended pressures are printed on your door jamb. If not, open the user manual. The Picanto ain't no space shuttle. Fixing it isnt that hard except for the a/c which requires a dashboard pull down.

Your next problem will be the weak aircon when the ac filter gets dirty. At least thats what I get a lot of questions about from people that drive Picantos. Hehe. Easy enough to fix. The filter change instructions are in the manual too.

Oh, and on a friend's car, the tok came from a loose item in the spare tire well of his car. Hehe

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Maraming salamat po reply mga boss. Papacheck ko na lang din para sure. I can't check it myself cause I really don't know how. Baka lalo ko lang masira. Hehe.