New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Help fellow Tsikoteers! Earlier this year I was asking about van prices and recommendations, but my wife and I decided to forgo that option. It's more practical if we just rent since we are only going to be there for 3 weeks. I have seen threads about rentals here i n the forums, but I figured that asking directly will solicit more information or even a real person contact who has car rental business. I've seen some rates and rules online for some rental companies. Baka makahanap kami ng mas mura at madaling kausapin.

Ok, here's our specific needs. We prefer to rent a van, but if its too expensive then we can settle for a car(the vehicle should be reliable and have air-conditioning). It will be 3 weeks straight rental from time we arrive at airport to time we leave. Tentative plans are for us to arrive the weekend of Dec. 22 and leave on Jan 13. We will spend probably only a day in the metropolis and will go home to Sta. Catalina, Ilocos Sur. The rental vehicle will be used maybe 2 times to go to Laoag City, and the rest of the time will be for just going around our town and into Vigan City. We prefer to drive on our own because of the long duration. We have a very experienced driver for the long trips and my in-laws for local in-town driving.

Why do we need this setup? Well, it's the first time we bring home our son to spend his first birthday there with my in-laws. We want to make sure there's a reliable vehicle at our disposal 24hrs a day in case of emergencies. Our old Nissan Vanette finally gave out totally 2 weeks ago, and whats left for local use by my in-laws are scooters. You guys might ask - Bakit hindi na lang mag-rent or makiusap sa kakilala or kamag-anak na may sasakyan? Ayaw naming magkaroon ng utang na loob sa mga kamag-anak na may sasakyan. Alam ninyo na siguro kung bakit. Hehe!

For those people in the rental business please pm me your info or offers. It will also help if you tell us all the specific things we need to provide/do.

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Further specific info. Our town Sta. Catalina is just right next to Vigan City on its western side. I estimate about 2-3km drive only from our little farm to center of Vigan (where the cathedral, plaza, fastfood, and shops are located).

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Pag self drive mag Hertz or Avis ka na lang.

Help! Need to rent a car/van for use during entire 3 week Pinas vacation.