New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    so how much are GT's now?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm. imho, lahat ng tires pumuputok. depende yan sa pagaalaga ng alignment and suspension, tsaka sa length ng usage ng tires.

i've known yokohama users who had experienced blowups. on my conversation with them, i've learned that one of them used the tires already for around 6 years, without doing annual alignments, etc. puro pahangin lang ginagawa nya. afaik, the lifespan of a tire, specially here in the philippines is around 3-4 years. goma kasi yan, there would come a time na talagang mag-bri-brittle yan. coupled that with misaligned suspensions, mapapablilis ang upod lalo nyan.

afaik again, tires need proper care too, like making sure the normal pressure is loaded everytime, dapat din maintain the alignment of the suspension and last of all, regularly check the condition of the tire for "bukols, etc..."

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I think its just a lower class brand but it depends talaga. sakin mag 4 years na goodyear ko pero may mga cracks na. ma try nga maxxis

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    also depends on the age of the tires. (age in stock ha, not in use)

bought a pair of older stocked falkens para makatipid ng konti (200 peso difference between new and old stock kasi) sa tires. the older falkens now has cracked sidewalls and one has a small bump (bukol) on the inner sidewall. that's only after 3 months of use.

nagsisisi na ko. you do get what you pay for.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually, written on the sidewalls of your tires is the year of the manufacturing date of your tire (hanapin mo lang, sobrang liit eh.)

so you can also determine kung gano na kahaba na stock yung tires, even though it is brand new and un-used.

normally, tires change their characteristics after three years so maski naka store lang yan and hindi nagagamit, medyo lumulutong na.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    how much are GT's now?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    makikisingit na rin po ako sa thread na ito...
    meron ba kayong feedbacks tungkol sa indonesian din na goma, "Accelera"
    yata yun... medyo mura kasi eh. bake meron na sa inyong nakagamit nito.

thanks.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Just bought hankook k702 tires for my honda city? any advise regarding its performance? tread wear? any blowouts experienced?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Have used Hankook tyres for 3 years on our Gen3 Starex,- no problem encountered. Replaced them with Michelin tyres because of uneven wear due to defective alignment and camber of the Starex's front wheels.

I am now using Hankook tyres for our Grand Starex. Also, the front tyres of our other van are Hankook tyres, too. Again, so far, no problem encountered.

8800:juggle:

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last December I bought Hankook tires 165/80-13 for P1,500 each for my front wheels to replace my not so old Goodyear tires 205/60-13. Nawala ang vibration ng oto at 80 km/hr up kahit hindi pa naalign(balance, camber, at toe in/out). Lumambot ang steering at mas comfortable na ngayon ang ride ko lalo na sa rough roads kasi matagtag ang malapad na gulong. Nabawasan rin ang road noise.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
hankook tires