New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    jick, i did that before, now i just rotated the front right side i mean the pudpod area now in the inner side. but i noticed when driving it tends to go to the left a little... naisip ko kasi d ba outer right ng tire is mas makapal kaya mas angat sya so tendency is the tire will go to the direction of the pudpod side which is to the left..

its manageable naman, very minimal. i brought it to a tire center, they tried allignment and later on suggested camber. d ko muna pinagawa naisip ko baka pareho rin kasi my tire d na pantay kain baka kabig pa rin sya sa kaliwa..

what do you think? observe pa ako and hayaan muna mapudpod yung outer ko na makapal pa?

thanks

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by anthon05 View Post
    jick, i did that before, now i just rotated the front right side i mean the pudpod area now in the inner side. but i noticed when driving it tends to go to the left a little... naisip ko kasi d ba outer right ng tire is mas makapal kaya mas angat sya so tendency is the tire will go to the direction of the pudpod side which is to the left..

its manageable naman, very minimal. i brought it to a tire center, they tried allignment and later on suggested camber. d ko muna pinagawa naisip ko baka pareho rin kasi my tire d na pantay kain baka kabig pa rin sya sa kaliwa..

what do you think? observe pa ako and hayaan muna mapudpod yung outer ko na makapal pa?

thanks

anthon,
    if you could give me the following readings, it would be greatlly appreciated:
    caster- left and right
    camber-left and right
    toe
    toe out on turns (TOOT)
    steering axis inclination-left and right
    front wheel set back
    wheel base right
    wheel base left
    thrust angle
    front wheel bearing preload- left and right
    assuming all tires are of the same diameter, tread pattern between left and right, tire pressure readings as per specs, then a pinpoint accuracy diagnosis and recommendation is on the way
    jick

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    naku nung nag ganyan akin pinadala ko agad sa good year atlist pag naupod ulit goma ko sa isang side lang irereklamo ko talaga sa kanila haha. ako mostly pag me weird feeling pacheck ko na agad o kaya pag me narinig ako kahit katiting na ingay kasi pag ganun me lumuluwag na components eh tapos pwede ito magcause ng maing alignment camber toe etc. hehe so bale ako every 5 months minsan pacheck ko yung ilalim"D

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    anthon,
    if you could give me the following readings, it would be greatlly appreciated:
    caster- left and right
    camber-left and right
    toe
    toe out on turns (TOOT)
    steering axis inclination-left and right
    front wheel set back
    wheel base right
    wheel base left
    thrust angle
    front wheel bearing preload- left and right
    assuming all tires are of the same diameter, tread pattern between left and right, tire pressure readings as per specs, then a pinpoint accuracy diagnosis and recommendation is on the way
    jick

in addition, previous repair history on steering and suspension, accident suffered if any, point of impact and components replaced

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    sa madalin salita, kailangan mo ng complete front wheel alignment with correct settings. kung di makuha ang correct settings, malamang na may kailangang palitan sa front suspension components. baka compensated na lang ang alignment ng sasakyan mo kanya ganuon.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tip_tipid View Post
    sa madalin salita, kailangan mo ng complete front wheel alignment with correct settings. kung di makuha ang correct settings, malamang na may kailangang palitan sa front suspension components. baka compensated na lang ang alignment ng sasakyan mo kanya ganuon.

tip,
    with today's vehicles with independent suspension on the front and independent suspension on the rear ( unlike the jeepney with solid axle rear), you need more than just the front wheel alignment (70's). you will need complete 4 wheel alignment to make all four wheels track properly. as the list of angles and measurements mentioned in previous, it is for a complete four wheel alignment. the rear wheels affect even the most perfect front end alignment.
    jick

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    jick, you are right, most cars have independent 4 wheels suspension. subcompacts or compacts have torsion beams or axle beams.
    The Isuzu Crosswind in this thread is a truck based asian utility vehicle with rigid axle and elliptical leaf spring rear suspension. The rear wheels have no adjustment. the rigid axle can be checked if it is properly installed on the
    leafspring and have not moved or slide from its locating bolt.
    the front suspension is an indepedent double wishbone as described in its specifications.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tip_tipid View Post

tip,
    even if the rear suspension is of the elliptical or Hotchkiss type suspension, and even if the axle did not slide fore or aft on the leaf spring, the rubber bushings on the spring ends might have worn out, hence the total or four alignment is still vital to the proper tracking of the the vehicle. this is already a decade after the new millenium, we need to move away from the practices of the seventies. i used to do front end alignment before at the time, but at this time, i do four wheel alignment reading and correction. we try to eliminate comebacks to the shop and lose reputation.
    jick

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Its also possible na yung front right wheel lang ang naka toe in. "Dooling" siya compared sa 3. Meaning gusto niyang magleft habang yung 3 wants to go straight that is why yung outer part ang mas pudpod, kung "banlag" o toe out siya then yung inner thread ang gasgas. Check also the torsion bar on this side baka mas tight.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    jick, what we do here if the leaf spring end bushings are worn is to replace the bushings and all other worn parts before performing the alignment. the may use the four wheel alignment system, but actually the adjustments can only be made or done on the front wheels. maybe the four wheel alignment tool does the compensation even if the rear axle is not at right angle to the direction of body travel, in which case compensations will have to be made.

4JGTootsie has a better suggestion in my opinion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Front wheel di pantay kain