New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by KinKyHOOTER View Post
    FOUND THE CULPRIT!

It was the lower brake caliper bolts. The mechanic wrapped the bolts with teflon tape and put grease in it. its now gone. No more rattles when I run across small uneven surfaces. YES!!!
    paps ganito din problem ng car ko. pag uneven ang road surfaces may rattling, pero pag tinapakan ko yung brakes nawawala. san ka paps ng pagawa nung calipers mo?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Hello mga pare,
    Since tungkol na sa suspension tong thread gusto ko po sana sumingit, may recently acquired L300 FB kami 2008 model, pag tinotodo kabig pag mani obra may parang sumasayad na gulong sa wheel housing kami nararamdaman sa magkabilang side pero hindi naman gulong.ano po kaya yung sound na yun? any inputs would be appreciated. Ty

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by desh2129 View Post
    paps ganito din problem ng car ko. pag uneven ang road surfaces may rattling, pero pag tinapakan ko yung brakes nawawala. san ka paps ng pagawa nung calipers mo?
    Hello. sorry was not able to go online for sometime.....actually no need for special procedures.

Punta ka lang sa mechanic mo...then have the 2 caliper bolts removed from your front or reat. Then wrap the bolts with teflon tape...then bago ibalik yng bolt, lagyan muna ng grease yng paglalagyan ng bolts...then after screwing them on again. tapos na!

So in short wala nang room for rattling metal to metal kasi may teflon tape na. Kala ko nga kung ano, kasi kakapalit ko lang ng 4 Tires, then 2 Front shocks...kala ko ano nanaman yng gastos nito. yun lang pala! Hehehehe...

Balitaan mo kami pre.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by KinKyHOOTER View Post
    Hello. sorry was not able to go online for sometime.....actually no need for special procedures.

Punta ka lang sa mechanic mo...then have the 2 caliper bolts removed from your front or reat. Then wrap the bolts with teflon tape...then bago ibalik yng bolt, lagyan muna ng grease yng paglalagyan ng bolts...then after screwing them on again. tapos na!

So in short wala nang room for rattling metal to metal kasi may teflon tape na. Kala ko nga kung ano, kasi kakapalit ko lang ng 4 Tires, then 2 Front shocks...kala ko ano nanaman yng gastos nito. yun lang pala! Hehehehe...

Balitaan mo kami pre.
    Hey guys.
    When you say caliper bolts do you mean the 2 caliper "guide" bolts? If so, then my opinion is that it should be greased rather than put a teflon tape because these bolts are so designed such that the caliper housing (or cover) slides over them during braking.
    When I had my brakes checked, I made sure that the bolts are cleaned and greased because over time, the grease is washed off and rust could develop. When this happens it's possible to have a partially stuckup brake and that's not good.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguarpw View Post
    Hey guys.
    When you say caliper bolts do you mean the 2 caliper "guide" bolts? If so, then my opinion is that it should be greased rather than put a teflon tape because these bolts are so designed such that the caliper housing (or cover) slides over them during braking.
    When I had my brakes checked, I made sure that the bolts are cleaned and greased because over time, the grease is washed off and rust could develop. When this happens it's possible to have a partially stuckup brake and that's not good.
    Yes the 2 caliper guide bolts...the mechanic only put a little teflon tape to minimize the noise created by the metal to metal contact which causes the rattling noise...it was not done to the extent that there will be no play anymore for the caliper and bolts. Yes indeed the grease will be washed off over time.

For sure the force of the brakes, inertia will thin out the teflone tapes also....no worries about stucked-up calipers.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    mahal sa cruven, i went to fairview... check up lang aabutin ako 4k, wala pang papalitan doon check pa lang...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Sir singit Lang.....ask ko Lang ano Kaya problema ng suspension ko pag nalubak yung bigbody ko Parang matigas ang gulong kapapalit ko lng ng shock absorber...thanks

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    meron na dito nakagamit ng JAG shock mount? nirecommend kasi ng taga banawe auto, wala daw kasi iba available for vios 2006 eh
    Thanks!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ medyo related sa question mo bro. gamit ko ngayon sa suv namin jag na rubber suspension dampers. Ayos naman so far ang quality. They're holding up nicely [emoji4]

to be or not to be, that always confuses me!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    the replacements naman will last at least a year. they were copied for a purpose-options outside the dealers.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Front Suspension rattling...Shock or Shock mount?