New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hi Guys! newbie here

Last Saturday bought new tires at Minerva Tire Supply Muntinlupa for my new mags. After installing the mag wheels, the mechanic ask me to back-up (reverse) to move to the wheel alignment bay. As I move back, may maingay na screech. When we checked the tires in front, sumayad pala yung brake caliper sa mags

Nung natanggal ang mags, meron itong malalim na hiwa, almost full circle. I checked the brake caliper, and may malaki din itong gasgas and may na-chipped yung metal sa lower portion nito.

So far na drive ko na yung car sa SLEX, mga 4 kms. Wala pa naman akong naririnig na ingay or dumudulas ang brake.

But this is bugging me since I have kids with me. Has anyone experienced this same problem? Possible kaya na lumuwag ang brake caliper and na misalign ito? What other possible problems pa kaya that I should be aware of? I'm planning to have it checked pero baka next week pa.

Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hi, better have it checked in a competent shop, I'm not sure how far the extent of the damage is but of course safety is your primary concern.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Sumayad brake caliper sa inside ng mags? Maybe you got the wrong offset ng mags mo kaya nakadikit ang caliper sa mags. dapat natest muna ito bago kinabit. meaning hindi sukat yung mags sa kotse mo. have it checked.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Did you just get the new "mags" from the same shop? Did they even test it first for clearance?

If not, then you should return them as they may pose a bigger danger to your safety.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    nagpa-align din ako dati jan sa Minerva Alabang matagal na.....Hirap na hirap si pogi(mag-isa nya) sa alignment ng pipip ko kahit na computerized na.....di nako bumalik jan.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Pangalan palang ng shop pang parlor e...

nyahahaha..jk.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by desert fox View Post

nyahahaha..jk.
    tama ka jan sistah este bru este tol!!!!!.....bwahahahaha

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by desert fox View Post

nyahahaha..jk.
    tama ka jan sistah este bru este tol!!!!!.....bwahahahaha

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    Hi, better have it checked in a competent shop, I'm not sure how far the extent of the damage is but of course safety is your primary concern.
    Hopefully this weekend..thanks

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    [QUOTE=raquino;1768660]Sumayad brake caliper sa inside ng mags? Maybe you got the wrong offset ng mags mo kaya nakadikit ang caliper sa mags. dapat natest muna ito bago kinabit. meaning hindi sukat yung mags sa kotse mo. have it checked.[/

What we did is to put a spacer para magkaroon ng clearance between the caliper and mags...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Epic blunder on Mags Installation