New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Hi all.

My Strada's tires are worn to the point that I am now canvassing replacement tire prices. Thread life is at 35-40% thereabouts. So give or take a couple of months, I will be replacing them.

Tire size is 245/65r17. I will be replacing these with 265/65r17s or maybe 265/70r17s. Since I usually travel on tarmac, A/T tires are not too high on my list, just the H/T ones will do.
    I am also not too keen on staying with dueler tires from feedback reviews about the duelers.

Question is, what tire brands would you guys recommend.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Goodyear HPAWs are great. Good highway tires with good ride and braking performance.

Michelin Latitudes are the first Dueler replacements we used. Tread life was exceptional and performance and noise suppression were very good. Only issues are the price was high and when they wore down to around 20-30% tread, they got a bit slippery. Still, excellent tires.

Am currently using Kumho STX as Dueler replacements. Grip is great, but noise (especially after they've worn down a bit) is on the high side and tread life is not as good as the Latitudes (don't know how the HPAWs compare, though).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    good thing i saw this thread. will be getting a set as well anytime this week.

will check out these GoodYear Wrangler HPAWs, hope they have 265/70R16 sizes. They currently have a promo, free fuel card everytime you buy tires.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I"ll just revive this thread...

I got a quote from a tire supplier for Dueler replacements. Any comments on these particular types? Tire spec is 265/70/R16...

> Dunlop TG35

> Yokohama G039

> Yokohama G051

GoodYear HPAWs are out of stock at the moment, stocks will arive by April pa daw. Sayang gas card promo nila.
    Last edited by cjv_justice; March 14th, 2012 at 11:43 PM. Reason: added details

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    HP Wrangler AW are good tire replacement for your dueler. please contact goodyear servitech Sgt. Rivera QC for stocks.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    cjv_justice how much was the quote for those tires? I'm also interested in those sizes hahaha.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    I"ll just revive this thread...

I got a quote from a tire supplier for Dueler replacements. Any comments on these particular types? Tire spec is 265/70/R16...

> Dunlop TG35

> Yokohama G039

> Yokohama G051

GoodYear HPAWs are out of stock at the moment, stocks will arive by April pa daw. Sayang gas card promo nila.
    Yokohama ht-s g051 7k plus ang gusto although meron kaming g039 sa paj'' bridgestone 689 8k na ata

Ang yokohama ba locally made ba or iniimport parin sa th or japan?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    i chose the dunlop tg35 set already... got it at 8.1k each.

the yokohamas are around 7.2-7.6k apiece as far as i can remember, i already threw out the quotation. i believe they're made here already in the philippines.

thank you to those who made their suggestions.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Michelin Latitudes are good, this is what i replaced my Dueler 689 H/T's. Yokohama Geolandar are also fine but cornering isn't that great and thread wear is the same as Dueler A/T's.

I'm thinkin' about using Pirelli Scorpions. I just don't know if they're any good.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    Michelin Latitudes are good, this is what i replaced my Dueler 689 H/T's. Yokohama Geolandar are also fine but cornering isn't that great and thread wear is the same as Dueler A/T's.

I'm thinkin' about using Pirelli Scorpions. I just don't know if they're any good.
    Pirelli scorpions are always there at the top when it comes to performance. The problem is that it's very pricey afaik.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Dueler replacements