New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Please share your experience using double shackles on a leaf spring pickup like the Hilux.
    what are the pros and cons using double shackles?
    is this more reliable during heavy load compared to the stock shackles?

My experience using double shackles is that it lessen the stiffness of the ride.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Very bouncy na sa strada ko with zero load. I availed the quick lift option (coil spacer & shackles). Ngaun im seeking advice shocks upgrade. What is the better shock for a comforyable ride..?
    Inputs are very much appreciated. TIA

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jctriton View Post
    Very bouncy na sa strada ko with zero load. I availed the quick lift option (coil spacer & shackles). Ngaun im seeking advice shocks upgrade. What is the better shock for a comforyable ride..?
    anong brand sir nang quick lift ginamit mo?
    anong coils ang pinalit sa harap? did you replace your leafsprings?

inherently matagtag talaga pick up, because of the way the suspension is engineered,

as for a more forgiving shocks at mabawasan rebound harshness, try pro-comp shocks, its one of the softest shocks in the aftermarket.
    hanap ka ES1000 for the front and rear.

if you want versatility, use rancho adjustable shocks, pero mas mahal ito.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    SR coil spacers n shackels kinabit sir. Tire specs ko 275/55/r20.. I've been looking for that pro comp shocks pero wala maxado makita da FB. And i think its slightly cheaper din. How bout the popular ngaun na oppisitelock shocks..?

thanks for the info on the pro comp shocks sir miko. However yung ES1000 ba with 2" lift na yun..? If so, would go for this option..

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    SR coil spacers n shackels kinabit sir. Tire specs ko 275/55/r20.. I've been looking for that pro comp shocks pero wala maxado makita da FB. And i think its slightly cheaper din. How bout the popular ngaun na oppisitelock shocks..?

thanks for the info on the pro comp shocks sir miko. However yung ES1000 ba with 2" lift na yun..? If so, would go for this option..
    ah... kaya siguro di ka satisfied, if you have the budget, change your coil sa harap that is intended for a 2 inch lift.
    pag nag spacer ka lang, the coil is still the same length at the front, so no change in suspension geometry sa harap.

as for the rear, if you what was installed sa likod mo na shackles ay the so called "comfort shackles", it might not provide the added distance for the leaf springs to travel.

if you want to achieve improvement in suspension performance and comfort, your goal should be to

1. increase the suspension travel
    2. minimize rebound harshness
    3. increase dampen response

increase the suspension travel at the front by changing coils to a longer one by 2 inches,
    increase the suspension at the rear by changing the shackles to a longer, rigid one also by 2 inches
    change your shock to compensate for the 2 inch increase in suspension travel.

magastos mag lift nang 2 inches the correct way, pero you will be happy... pag mali approach sa pag lift, the desired effect won't be noticeable.

as for the shocks, RIDES in banawe has them, or they can order that for you.

pro-comp is cheaper compared to others,

i have tried pro-comp/ironman/ etc, but so far the best shocks for me are the rancho's, pricey pero you will get what you pay for.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Wow this is very good info sir miko.. very much appreciated. Now i have a goal to achieve in time, ipon muna.. yeah, this road doesn't come in cheap nga.. thanks again Sir. More power to our fellow tsikonians..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    same tayo sir. we also availed the quick lift option.
    but mas nag improve ride ng hilux when we installed the "comfort shackles"
    next upgrade will be the shocks naman... ma gastos talaga ito...

other options ng shocks are Old Man Emu or Bilstein

8. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Currently using ironman shocks on my hilux Vigo so far satisfied ako. 2 inch lift using ironman spring and lift blocks sa likod. Then i put Ironman nitrogas shocks front and rear. I tried using comfort shackles before pero tumatama sa muffler ng oto ko. I dont know kung bakit ganun