New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    i have a stock rim and my tires are worn-out already. Is it possible to replace a different kind of tire specifically a wide one? :stone:

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by josephjared22 View Post
    i have a stock rim and my tires are worn-out already. Is it possible to replace a different kind of tire specifically a wide one? :stone:
    nope... you have to replace your rims too if you want a wider tire..
    but its not recommended having a wide tire... more noise more bump more expensive

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    pwede yan. pero certain width nga lang. let say yun tire mo 195x55x15 pwede ka mag wider tire to 205x50x15. Pwede pa nga mga smaller width tire on wider rims, tire stretch setup ganito:

F1 style tire.

But its best to stick to manufactures specs. Expect, madami mabago drivability, tire wear, noise, fitment baka sumayad na yan sa mga pangilalim, pag wla ka sa specs recommended for the rims.

Pros nito? Better grip on cornering and braking, if you're racing. kung daily lang... wala! sayang lang pera mo, stick to whats recommended.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Good luck actually finding a low profile tire narrow enough to actually "stretch" over a stock rim.

How wide you can go depends on how wide your stock rim is. Most stock wheels are 6" wide. The widest tire that will look right on that rim size will be 195 to 205mm wide. But the wheel will take up to 215mm. Not quite sure about 225mm.

But if you want more performance, your 195 or 205mm tires will actually be wider if mounted on a 6.5" or even 7" wide rim.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Actually i have a 15" rim and 205/70 r15 bridgestone tire. What would be the maximum inches of the width to fit into that kind of rim. The rim is a crv 1st gen 15" stock rim.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by josephjared22 View Post
    Actually i have a 15" rim and 205/70 r15 bridgestone tire. What would be the maximum inches of the width to fit into that kind of rim. The rim is a crv 1st gen 15" stock rim.
    If it's for comfort, you can simply go for a more upmarket tire.

If it's for performance, better to upgrade your rims and tires. The closest to your tire size I can find is 235/60R15, and that's a very unusual size, and will be very hard to find. If you go for a wider tire that's also taller (the wider a tire gets for the same profile, the taller it gets), that will negatively affect the fuel economy and comfort of your vehicle.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Derp Question