New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Honda City 2003 A/T

Car rattles when someone seats on the back passenger or someone get out of the car from sitting position. I also encountered the issue when I push down the car trunk multiple times. Any idea on the issue? Just want to know possible issue before ko dalhin sa mechanic.

First time ko lang naka encounter ng rattle sound

Thanks po!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    shock absorbers napalitan na? I dont think they last over 10yrs

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    3 years pa lang sakin sir yung sasakyan, within the 3 years di pa naman napapalitan. Thanks sa input sir.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    When trying describe car noises, you have to be very specific. Certain characteristics about the noise will help pinpoint the source. Rattles, strictly speaking, sounds more like loose nuts and bolts bouncing around a metal sheet. In a car, rattles only come out when the car is running at speed, not stationary. The way you described your issue (adding or removing weight from the rear of the car) while it's stopped, you probably meant that the noise could be creaking or grinding. Refer to the following and confirm what you are hearing: Describing Car Noises to Your Mechanic

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cRane01 View Post
    Honda City 2003 A/T

Car rattles when someone seats on the back passenger or someone get out of the car from sitting position. I also encountered the issue when I push down the car trunk multiple times. Any idea on the issue? Just want to know possible issue before ko dalhin sa mechanic.

First time ko lang naka encounter ng rattle sound

Thanks po!
    try the rear shock mounts and rubber bushings.
    if the rubber parts are perished, the metal parts may be rubbing against each other.
    grab the shocks and give them a hard shake.
    or, gapang kayo sa ilalim or drive the car to the gas station and have the car lifted.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 8th, 2017 at 11:39 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    try the rear shock mounts and rubber bushings.
    if the rubber parts are perished, the metal parts may be rubbing against each other.
    grab the shocks and give them a hard shake.
    or, gapang kayo sa ilalim or drive the car to the gas station and have the car lifted.
    ganyan din sakit ng honda ko.pero kulang lang pala ng higpit ung ibabaw..ung may washer sa shock bushing.

Car rattles when someone seats on the back passenger