New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    My car's drive shaft was broken., It's grease leaked, and it was just this morning when i noticed it.., It was already dry and seated with sand.., does'nt really affect my driving except for the clicking sound when I fully turn the steering and suddenly step on the gas.., I'm hearing it when I turn either left or right..,

Is it urgent to replace this? or it can wait for a couple of months?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ungazyo182 View Post
    My car's drive shaft was broken., It's grease leaked, and it was just this morning when i noticed it.., It was already dry and seated with sand.., does'nt really affect my driving except for the clicking sound when I fully turn the steering and suddenly step on the gas.., I'm hearing it when I turn either left or right..,

You said it yourself, its broken... have it fixed, Now...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    Yah.., I know it has to be fixed.., But I don't have the budget yet.., So I cant have it fix right away.., do you think it's urgent to place it right away., could'nt it wait for a couple of weeks., can I still use it at this condition?..,

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Yah.., I know it has to be fixed.., But I don't have the budget yet.., So I cant have it fix right away.., do you think it's urgent to place it right away., could'nt it wait for a couple of weeks., can I still use it at this condition?..,

If it where me I wouldn't use my car in that state. your drive shaft is the one sending power to your wheels. if it gets totally broken you'll go nowhere. you can get towed, and worse entail a more costly repair. Damaging other pars in the process

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Days or a couple of weeks maybe is fine but not months. The dirt is grinding down the metal parts on every rotation of the wheels. On the extreme case, the shaft might just fall out when you steer the wheels left or right. That would leave your car stranded and would require you to hire an expensive tow truck to get it to the shop for proper repairs.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    If it where me I wouldn't use my car in that state. your drive shaft is the one sending power to your wheels. if it gets totally broken you'll go nowhere. you can get towed, and worse entail a more costly repair. Damaging other pars in the process
    Ah.., I see.., thank you very much for the info.., I don't know a lot about car parts.., So I din't know that it was that dangerous..,

Broken Shaft Drive