New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    do you guys know any store that specializes in fixing Brake rotors and replacing brake pads? The reason I ask is because some how when I put my car on reverse and turn the wheel, I hear screeching sound on my front wheels. At first I thought upod na ang brakepads but when i look it is still thick... I also had my brakes cleaned and sound is still there...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    What kind of brake pads do you have? Are they OE pads or replacement ones? How about your brake rotors. Do they have a smooth surface?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try speedyfix

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    how thick is thick?

ung iba kasi meron warning mechanism (parang tsani ang porma) ung mga brake pads na sasayad sa disc.usually my squelching sound kang ma notice kung 30% nalang ang pad lining.ibig sbhin palitan na daw cya....

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    might not be the brakes, since you mentioned when in reverse and the wheel is turned. pa check mo na lang also mga bearings, joints etc.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it is best that you have it checked na lang.

I had my ride recently fixed at speedyfix (per tsikot recommendation) coz my suking talyer (ERL) at that time is fully booked. I had my front and rear pads replaced plus changed my brake lines into stainless braided steel lines.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Switching to non-metallic brake pads might solve your problem.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    umiingay sa reverse lang?

Brakes...