New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hello tsikot,

sino po kaya may alam na nagbebenta ng part na ito locally: http://www.summitracing.com/int/part...3905/overview/

OT: di ako racer, ricer, etc. hehe.....nakita ko lang na alternative itong part na ito in case wala ako mahanap na oem/replacement part

salamat

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    Hello tsikot,

sino po kaya may alam na nagbebenta ng part na ito locally: http://www.summitracing.com/int/part...3905/overview/

OT: di ako racer, ricer, etc. hehe.....nakita ko lang na alternative itong part na ito in case wala ako mahanap na oem/replacement part

salamat

alternative itong part na ito in case wala ako mahanap na oem/replacement part

with today's cars equipped with ABS, you no longer need this part. the proportioning valve should be good for the life of the car as long as you replace the brake fluid at recommended intervals. with four wheel disc brakes, you don't need this part too. the combination valve (metering-pressure differential-proportioning valve) is seldom found in cars made since 2005

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    yung sa toyota ba na load sensing proportioning valve, obsolete na din?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    toyota innova at mitsubishi adventure meron pa nyan.. madalas ata yan sa mga naka rear drum brakes na walang ABS

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The innova has a load sensing valve, lesser force if you have a light load. More force if your heavy. Maybe to minimize fish tailing during hard braking.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    alternative itong part na ito in case wala ako mahanap na oem/replacement part

with today's cars equipped with ABS, you no longer need this part. the proportioning valve should be good for the life of the car as long as you replace the brake fluid at recommended intervals. with four wheel disc brakes, you don't need this part too. the combination valve (metering-pressure differential-proportioning valve) is seldom found in cars made since 2005
    sa katunayan, 1986 pa yung sasakyan. after 8k kms, nagleak yung replacement part (AKICO). still observing dahil not regularly used for the meantime yung sasakyan ko. as far as i can comprehend the plumbing of the vehicle, proportioning valve lang sya. hindi kagaya ng iba na combination. i could still be wrong though. mitsubishi mighty max ang sasakyan. natetempt nga ako palitan na lang ng non-load sensing type kasi yun yung mga available sa auto supply. i have the basic brake plumbing tools naman. double flares, benders, etc.

yup makikita nga ito sa mga disc front - drum rear setup para maiwasan maglock ang rear wheels during panic

question for tech jick, ang master cylinder (MC) na nakakabit ngayon is for an L300 where the primary circuit is connected to the front while the secondary to the rear. previously, the original MC was plumbed primary to rear and secondary to front. for the sake of this discussion, i used the term primary to denote the MC piston nearest to the pedal (driver). get what i mean?......now the question is: IS THIS RELATED TO MY LSPV PROBLEM?????thanks

stops.
    Last edited by miked; November 13th, 2013 at 05:39 PM.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    ^ additional info lang sir jick, the brake lines were not altered except that i had to bend the lines to connect them to the right piston on the master cylinder....the brake fluid was also not neglected. medyo mushy din yung brake pedal since day one (kahit nung bago pako nagpalit ng master cylinder) pero kumakagat naman brakes. wala naman hangin. i bled the system hanggat napagod ako. malambot lang talaga kumapara sa mga ibang namaneho ko na sasakyan gaya ng l300, adventure, accent, lancer, hilux, & so on.
    Last edited by miked; November 13th, 2013 at 05:50 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    sa katunayan, 1986 pa yung sasakyan. after 8k kms, nagleak yung replacement part (AKICO). still observing dahil not regularly used for the meantime yung sasakyan ko. as far as i can comprehend the plumbing of the vehicle, proportioning valve lang sya. hindi kagaya ng iba na combination. i could still be wrong though. mitsubishi mighty max ang sasakyan. natetempt nga ako palitan na lang ng non-load sensing type kasi yun yung mga available sa auto supply. i have the basic brake plumbing tools naman. double flares, benders, etc.

yup makikita nga ito sa mga disc front - drum rear setup para maiwasan maglock ang rear wheels during panic

question for tech jick, ang master cylinder (MC) na nakakabit ngayon is for an L300 where the primary circuit is connected to the front while the secondary to the rear. previously, the original MC was plumbed primary to rear and secondary to front. for the sake of this discussion, i used the term primary to denote the MC piston nearest to the pedal (driver). get what i mean?......now the question is: IS THIS RELATED TO MY LSPV PROBLEM?????thanks

stops.

for the front/rear split brake system, the primary piston provides pressure to the front brakes and pressure to hydraulically push the secondary pistons to pressurize the rear brakes. if it was connected the other way around, there will be a deeper brake pedal free play and the brakes a little bit mushy or spongy in addition to delayed application.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    i removed something like this on a toyota revo. i don't see how it works. it's got an inline from the front line then an out to a union that supplies both rear lines. it is leaking at the bottom valve. this valve seems like an exhaust or something. a rod is attached to it with jointed ends attached to the chassis and the axle. got me scratching me head. only thing the rod will do is push against the pin of the valve when the axle moves up, disallowing the valve to depressurize out. is this a bpv?

btw, i removed it cos the bottom valve is leaking and drained the master cylinder and the hand brake light lit up on the instrument panel..

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    for the front/rear split brake system, the primary piston provides pressure to the front brakes and pressure to hydraulically push the secondary pistons to pressurize the rear brakes. if it was connected the other way around, there will be a deeper brake pedal free play and the brakes a little bit mushy or spongy in addition to delayed application.

this is the original/stock master cylinder...
    photo0870.jpg

take note that the primary piston is for the rear, contrary to what you have explained sir. i do get opposing information on the internet regarding which piston serves the front and rear. even the manual for my vehicle do not show the brake line connections. a haynes automotive brake manual that i have shows that the primary is for the rear and the secondary for the front for front/rear split brake systems. confusing!

and this is the original LSPV on vehicle...i applied penetrating oil before removal of the lines when i replaced it before.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    photo0875.jpg