New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by maculet View Post
    which shops sell Advics brand?
    Almost none, since its price is 20~30% higher than Bendix. Also its product line is mainly for Toyota eh majority ng Toyota owners are going for cheaper Bendix, while Honda owners opt to buy higher priced branded parts.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Brembo, Bendix or other brands?

PAJ 4M40 MORE POWER!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    when i have my friction pads replaced, whatever they put in, works fine to me.
    but i am sure, it's not car-brand nor the more expensive of the lot.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    My issues with Bendix brake pads is that if you compare them side by side with the OEM counterpart, their friction material ( the pad itself) is narrower such that it doest cover the whole brake rotor surface area that is covered by the OEM. While its true that it does not compromise braking power, it however, invites unwanted rusting (& sometimes pitting) on the rotor surface area not covered by the pad... The metal kings in particular, "eat" the covered area deeper leaving the uncovered area untouched resulting in uneven wear of the rotor. Depending on how deep the gouging is, some needs refacing when changing to a new pad...
    Talking from first hand experience ....
    Same experience bro, also if side by side mo siya cinompare with OEM brands like Advics, Akebono, and etc... makikita mo laki ng difference sa quality daming uneven area sa bendix hindi din slotted yung pad tapos nilagyan pa ng semi plastic-metal backplate instead yung orig na back plate ikabit mo. Tapos may mga spots sa pad material na hindi pantay na parang lubak tignan lalo na sa sides.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    when i have my friction pads replaced, whatever they put in, works fine to me.
    but i am sure, it's not car-brand nor the more expensive of the lot.
    If you depend on mechanics for the brands of parts you put in your car then I'm sorry to say that you might be losing since most mechanics here are unscrupulous they choose the cheapest brands they could buy so that they can ask the shop they are buying from to put example P2000 on the receipt but the real price is just around P300~P500 the rest of the P1300~P1500 goes to the mechanic's pocket I have experienced this many times during purchasing from any parts store the mechanic's always wants to get a big portion of commission or side money, plus I always hear mechanic's saying they want the cheaper one or "baratong maganda" which means is fake branded parts so that their customer will come back sooner instead of using the original high quality one which will take years to break. They put P2000 on the receipt so that they have evidence to support that they bought your money with that part for the P2000 amount.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    *JapanABC
    Sir how about Hyundai? Which brand has the best bite and least visible dust? KDM factory fitted pads were great but the OEMs available locally have a lot of dust, don't bite as well and are noisy. Been looking for KDM factory fitted pads but it seems nobody carries them.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    *JapanABC
    Sir how about Hyundai? Which brand has the best bite and least visible dust? KDM factory fitted pads were great but the OEMs available locally have a lot of dust, don't bite as well and are noisy. Been looking for KDM factory fitted pads but it seems nobody carries them.
    Where do you buy locally? I bought mine sa Goodgear or sa Seiring di naman ma dust. Anyways, search mo sa FB TCG autoparts. They sell different kind of brakepads. I saw yung Hi-Q OEM daw ng Hyundai/Kia pati Chevy

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Where do you buy locally? I bought mine sa Goodgear or sa Seiring di naman ma dust. Anyways, search mo sa FB TCG autoparts. They sell different kind of brakepads. I saw yung Hi-Q OEM daw ng Hyundai/Kia pati Chevy

Seiring or Fronte usually bro. Di ko makita yung TCG autoparts. Private group ba yun?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Seiring or Fronte usually bro. Di ko makita yung TCG autoparts. Private group ba yun?
    Sabihan mo ko bro kung nakahanap ka. Mahal sa hancars pag dun bibili e

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    TGC pala bro. Also check out Icer brand. Made in Spain daw and also meron din EBC na brand FB page is Adacon Marketing.

Disclaimer: di ako tao dyan [emoji23]

Brake Pad Thread [Merged]