New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    My car's brake master is seeping minimal amount of brakefluid sa paligid ng
    Pinagkakabitan nyang brake booster, which in turn may wrinkled/ruined paint sa
    Brake booster. Malakas naman ang preno, walang leak sa brake pedal sa cabin,
    kumbaga walang problema sa feel ng preno ko as of today.

Pero ayaw ko magtake ng chance and preno is still preno.
    I inquired sa casa for an OEM brake master and it cost 5k something.
    Of course no doubt, may quality yun, will last for a long time,
    But costs an arm.

Bukas magiinquire ako sa suking auto supply sa labas ng replacement
    Brake master and/or repair kit.

So as stated sa title, ano practice nyo?

Oem na? Replacement nalang?
    Or repair kit nalang for my existing Oem brake master?

First choice ko sana yung Oem nalang palit bago, pero kung may experience na kayo
    Sa replacement or repair kit na halos kapantay din or much better surpass
    Oem quality, and costs less, please do post here, it will be very much appreciated.

Mention brand names nadin for replacement na subok nyo na.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Kung magpapalit ka ng aftermarket, go for the Aisin brand.

Pwede naman yan repair kit na OEM as long as di pa pudpod cylinder ng brakemaster mo.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    malalaman lang kung puede pang repair kit, kapag nabuksan na yung cylinder. karaniwan naman ay puedeng repair kit lang.
    ngunit kung tinatamad ka o ang iyong mekaniko, o naninigurado ka, ay complete replacement na lang ng buong assembly.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 30th, 2013 at 07:47 AM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    OEM replacement is still of course the best option. Yes it is expensive but it will save you money, headache & time in the long run. As per experience, a leak in the brakemaster signifies that it has reached its service lifespan. You must note that the inner bore of your old brakemaster does not have already the same measurement as it was when new due to normal wear and tear. Replacing it with a repair kit, therefore, will depend on the inner bore if it is still w/in the specified specs. An old brakemaster with an inner bore more than the specified specs even w/ new repair kit will leak in a short time. These are some notable Japan brand repair kits: SEIKEN, SaM, F/C, Miyaco, Aisin.

As for your leak in the brake master, you can further check it by loosening the 2 nuts holding it from the hydrovac if brake fluid leaked into the hydrovac.
    If you Notice your brake fluid reservoir level going down faster than normal, then its about time you have to address it....

IMHO, if leak is minimal, save for an OEM brakemaster

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Nag inquire ako sa isang auto supply shop malapit samin and quoted me 2.5k for a replacement brake master,
    hindi ko lang natanong kung anung brang kasi medyo nagmamadali na ako, and 2 other auto supply shop i asked
    for the repair kit, and both said, kailangan nila sample, hindi daw nila alam sukat, medyo alangan ako kasi
    baka iretrofit lang, or pilit lang na isasalpak yung tingin nilang pwedeng magkasya dun, still, dont want
    to take chances, preno is still preno, hindi ko kinuha.

im leaning more into replacing the whole assembly with an OEM one as of now.

As of kagabi, nilinis ko bung brake master and hydrovac, and i used it this morning, after parking, check ko agad yung paligid
    kung may nagseep, wala naman, tuyo naman, will further observe nalang hanggang bukas.

5k - Oem brakemaster
    2.5k - Replacement (i forgot to ask for the brand).

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^
    Wag kuripot on safety boss. Get the OEM. IMHO

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Japan replacement will last longer if you have korean brand now.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 7138 View Post
    Nag inquire ako sa isang auto supply shop malapit samin and quoted me 2.5k for a replacement brake master,
    hindi ko lang natanong kung anung brang kasi medyo nagmamadali na ako, and 2 other auto supply shop i asked
    for the repair kit, and both said, kailangan nila sample, hindi daw nila alam sukat, medyo alangan ako kasi
    baka iretrofit lang, or pilit lang na isasalpak yung tingin nilang pwedeng magkasya dun, still, dont want
    to take chances, preno is still preno, hindi ko kinuha.

im leaning more into replacing the whole assembly with an OEM one as of now.

As of kagabi, nilinis ko bung brake master and hydrovac, and i used it this morning, after parking, check ko agad yung paligid
    kung may nagseep, wala naman, tuyo naman, will further observe nalang hanggang bukas.

5k - Oem brakemaster
    2.5k - Replacement (i forgot to ask for the brand).
    that's strange... they normally know the size...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    After being checked by the advisor, palitin na nga daw ng brake master and nagpaorder na sila ng part kasi wala stock,
    Will be expecting it next week, pwede pa naman daw gamitin yung auto kasi nagsisimula pa lang naman daw yung leak.
    Makapagiintay pa next week.

Thanks to all who replied and shared their insights!