New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Brake fluid keeps on decreasing despite of no visible leak. My brake pads and drum shoes are all new. What could be the problem?
    Corolla 1997 gli 1.6 here.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Brake fluid in thr brake master is leaking to the hydrovac (brake booster)

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Brake fluid in thr brake master is leaking to the hydrovac (brake booster)

Will this be a costly repair?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    Will this be a costly repair?
    Depends. If repair kit is possible, that would cost you around 1k. If not, prepare a few thousands.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Check for fluid leak on flooring under the brake pedal.Maybe the fluid leaks inside (pushod connecting the brake pedal and the brake master cylinder).

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    If your exhaust fumes smell sweet and your spark plugs are glazed, it indeed is leaking brake fluid past the master cylinder to the vacuum brake booster and into the intake manifold.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    so whats the best solution for this since i cant find any leak between the brake master cylinder and booster.

should i just replace the master cylinder with a new one? replace the booster? or buy a brake repair kit?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    so whats the best solution for this since i cant find any leak between the brake master cylinder and booster.

should i just replace the master cylinder with a new one? replace the booster? or buy a brake repair kit?
    One way of checking if it leaks through the hydrovac is to pull off the vacuum hose which connects the hydrovac to the intake manifold. If there are presence of oil or fluid, then it is precisely leaking. I would suggest you to replace the entire assembly instead of the repair kit only, as the diaphram in the hydrovac has already been soaked in fluid, which eventually will fail afterwards.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    One way of checking if it leaks through the hydrovac is to pull off the vacuum hose which connects the hydrovac to the intake manifold. If there are presence of oil or fluid, then it is precisely leaking. I would suggest you to replace the entire assembly instead of the repair kit only, as the diaphram in the hydrovac has already been soaked in fluid, which eventually will fail afterwards.
    When you say entire assembly, this includes the brake master cylinder?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Up ko lang po, having same problem with my nissan cefiro. Tanong ko lang pwede ba gumamit ng ibang hydrovac+master cylinder assembly? Or may parang universal assembly? Sorry for noob question. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast